Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this a Cyclops Fluid or Fluid2?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what cyclops trainer this is and if it is compatible with zwift/trainer road? Only marking is a sticker that says 08/01/2004

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o8FSiE19ExpyJ_qcqwdMG2cfTLBVuUAf/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x0mCmv0OiWfkaw8hmim3g9k0wWDfibES/view?usp=drivesdk
Last edited by: Spartan420: Mar 4, 18 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a Cyclops Fluid or Fluid2? [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trainer and resistance unit looks like my Fluid2

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Mar 4, 18 12:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i had the same question (mine looks the same) and this is what cyclops/saris answered:
"This is one of our earlier Fluid2 trainers. You would want to select Fluid2 on Zwift/Rouvy for proper power curve."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those pictures aren't very helpful. As best I can tell its a Fluid2. It would have been one of the first 2's, I don't remember the exact redesign date but it was right around there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Bought my wife her 1st road bike and they gave us the trainer. Not a bad deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fluid2. I have one identical to it. It's a "dumb trainer" so not much fun on Zwift.

By not much fun, I mean that Zwift can't control the resistance. But it can still read your powermeter, and I've used Zwift like this before. It's just way less fun than a "smart trainer", but definitely still doable.
Last edited by: nickwhite: Mar 4, 18 14:05
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a Cyclops Fluid or Fluid2? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They gave us a Garmin speed/cadence sensor, so I need to figure it out. Never used a trainer but I'm excited to be able to train at 4am on the bike!

I took the trainer and the sensor for my P2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fluid 2 is a pretty solid trainer and if it breaks they typically repair/replace no questions asked. I had one leak on my so they replace the resistance unit once I sent them the broken one
Quote Reply