Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is there a trisuit good for pool use?
Quote | Reply
Is there a trisuit that can withstand repeated wearings in a pool? Most seem to emphasize they will fall apart with repeated wearings in a chlorinated pool.

Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since swimsuits are typically cheaper than trisuits, I never wear a trisuit in the pool except for a race that happens to have a pool swim (in which case I'll usually wear one of my older suits). Never seen a trisuit advertised as being chlorine-resistant. If you need to race in one in the pool, it'll be fine... but if you're planning to train regularly in it in chlorine, I'd be prepared for it to wear out quicker than you'd like.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I am not sure how fast it would wear out in pool with regular use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I experimented with an old pair of TYR tri shorts, to see just how long they would last in the pool. They self destructed in 3 weeks (9 swim sessions).

I've gone through a lot of cheap jammers. 2-3 months is the norm. I have learned that this is one area, where spending a little more, is well worth it in the long run. I've got a pair of TYR Durafast jammers that will be 2 years old this December, and they are still going.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed that the dhb suits claim to be chlorine resistant. I have never tried one, so have no idea of the validity of the claim.

http://www.wiggle.com/...eeveless-tri-suit-1/

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for info!
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dean T wrote:
I experimented with an old pair of TYR tri shorts, to see just how long they would last in the pool. They self destructed in 3 weeks (9 swim sessions).

I've gone through a lot of cheap jammers. 2-3 months is the norm. I have learned that this is one area, where spending a little more, is well worth it in the long run. I've got a pair of TYR Durafast jammers that will be 2 years old this December, and they are still going.

Makes sense about spending more. I am willing to spend a bit more to be able to use a trisuit in the pool more often, if one exists.
John
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dean T wrote:

That's strange, I use my TYR tri shorts in the pool all the time. Probably have like 50 or so pool swims in them.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you want to swim in a trisuit?
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim Brick my guess?

Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Swim Brick my guess?

Yes, I like to do this often and prefer to train in what I will race in. Just personal preference at this point.
Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There really is no reason to swim in a tri suit. It simply gives triathletes an even worse reputation for being weird. We are already outcasts as it is.

Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:
There really is no reason to swim in a tri suit. It simply gives triathletes an even worse reputation for being weird. We are already outcasts as it is.

Freaky strange

I was going to quote this post and say I am guessing you meant to put this on pink

But first I clicked in the link in the signature and the first page it goes to says GO PINK!

but it doesn’t end there

Turns out it is a bike shop in my home town, now live 1200 miles away, which I used to go to

Que eerie music.

Ugggg eerie music, eerie canal didn’t mean that one
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [Sbradley11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:

Sorry you feel that way Scott.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I like the TYR tri shorts for this like I said above. Haven't done me wrong.

Quote Reply
Re: Is there a trisuit good for pool use? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Yeah I like the TYR tri shorts for this like I said above. Haven't done me wrong.

Thanks for the recommendation!
John
Quote Reply