Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is there a triathlon scene in Buffalo, NY?
Quote | Reply
I'll be moving to Buffalo for school in July. Is anybody here familiar with the area? Is there a triathlon scene? Where are the good pools and gyms located?
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a triathlon scene in Buffalo, NY? [kenykj49] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a good triathlon club, the Buffalo Bicycling Club has time trails and group rides plus mass start races, checkers ac has weekly track workouts at UB north campus. There is a local tri series and a nice series just over the peace bridge in Ontario. UB north has a very nice pool, also Erie comm college downtown. Roads are flat to the north and hilly to the south. South gets much more snow than the city. Decent Xcode and downhill skiing to south, also MTB and trail running. Plenty of races for single sport, very fun cyclocross scene in the fall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out score this. They put on great events.

https://www.score-this.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gosh, I hope it’s a good school.

================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which university will you be attending?
I grew up in the area, and until recently was there 6-10 x per year visiting family.
Riding is pretty good, because you don't have to go far to get out of the suburbs, and into some hills.
The Buffalo Triathlon Club is very active, and a nice group of people. They've got a lot of weekly training sessions, and social events.
Nickel City Splash is the masters swim group in the area, also a great bunch. They train at Alumni Arena at University of Buffalo North Campus, in Amherst. I've swum with them a lot over the past 10 years, and have met up with them at US Masters Nationals the past few years.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a triathlon scene in Buffalo, NY? [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be going to Jacob’s School of Medicine. I definitely plan on joining the tri club. I’ll hopefully be moving out in July and will be able to check out the local riding!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! just sent you an email w more info.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a duathlon in Watkins Glen every year I always thought looked pretty cool. You actually ride on the race track. If I remember right I think it's part of a race series held throughout the year.

http://www.score-this.com/index.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your classes will be at south campus at main and Bailey. You can ride north from there, not much snow in the winter. The tri club does a brick workout not far from there on weeknights. There is an old pool at Clark gym. Careful about where you live around there. There is a funky old cinder track on campus. Delaware Park a couple of miles down Main Street is a popular place to run
Quote Reply