Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is ride with GPS useful without paying?
Quote | Reply
Every time I sign up for a ride that uses this for route navigation, I go through this cycle of signing up, downloading the app and then trying to figure out how to use it for route navigation. Every time I do it I can't figure out how it is useful without paying and I'm not doing that.
So, is ride with GPS at all useful without upgrading, or am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Is ride with GPS useful without paying? [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most definitely. It is easy to use and a breeze to map out rides. I have been using it since its inception and it is by far the best routing site.
Quote Reply
Re: Is ride with GPS useful without paying? [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a little more searching through the Ride with GPS help and had my question answered. You CANNOT download a route made by another and then use it for navigation without upgrading to a paid account. That is why I went with strava last year when I started using my phone for this kind of thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Is ride with GPS useful without paying? [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The free app is useful for live mapping, data display, and route and data logging. However, routing requires you to pay AFAIK.

I like the app; IMHO it’s a better “Garmin Substitute “ than the Strava app. I personally pay to use the nav function during the outdoor season. I really like the turn by turn voice commands.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Feb 24, 19 19:45
Quote Reply