Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike too big? [Aidendoestri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its not showing up.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike too big? [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is one with all the tt bar spacers taken off, I will upload one with the spacers on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not an expert but it looks like it could be a size too big. I will defer to others for a better opinion.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike too big? [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your opinion Mark. I guess if the bike feels too big to myself then it probably is.

Here Is another pic with spacers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my non expert opinion, it does look too big. You look small relative to the frame height and length.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are your fit numbers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks OK to me, are you comfortable on it? For how long? Maybe if you want to get substantially lower in front then you'd need to drop down to a smaller frame to get there, but then that's not always automatically better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good to me. Photo without the spacers looks like a decent position (if a tad high if you wanted to have a very aggressive position) but the reach looks right. I'd almost argue you should have a touch more reach. If you're used to riding a road bike, a TT bike will feel "big" and "slow" in the handling department. They're meant to go fast in a straight line and that's it.
Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike too big? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it looks big because of the nose cone and the fact he's so thin.

I put my thumb over the nose cone in that pict and it looks normal.
Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike too big? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, the fit looks good, but it does just look like a big bike. As long as your fit coordinates work, it should be good.

I've been quite curious about that bike-how does it ride?

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike too big? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

Hard to tell if the seat is the right height from where he is at in his pedal stroke. But assuming seat height is correct, he should probably have a bit more seat-to-pad drop. Dan has a formula for that and my guess is he could be riding more aggressively.
Quote Reply
Re: Is my bike too big? [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, possibly lower or possibly longer or possibly a touch of both but definitely in the “nuance” zone and not the “you definitely need a different size bike” zone. In the image with the “slammed” setup he’s a touch above horizontal but that doesn’t preclude a position from being fast and, sometimes, getting that extra bit lower only buys some people a watt or two and it’s not worth the comfort/visibility tradeoff.

Without seeing the cockpit, I’d wager there’s probably some “hack” to get the front end a few mm lower if he needs to. Worst case he can go to slightly shorter cranks and raise his seat to get additional drop (upside of a more open hip angle which many benefit from, downside of a possible aero hit from the legs but offset by less exposed torso).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aidendoestri wrote:
Hi there.

So I recently purchased a Ribble Ultra Tri in a size XL. The frame is supposedly a 56cm, the bike feels big, awkwardly big.

I can’t help but think I could of gone with the Large which is a 54.5cm frame

Does the fit look right?

Should I exchange it for a smaller frame and adjust the seat post and bars accordingly?

You could exchange it for a smaller frame, but that would probably be a tad small. You will get a decent fit on either size looking at the pictures you have posted. Personally I prefer a bigger frame. Back in the day I exchanged a small stealth for a medium but had a happy fit on both bikes. I just found the medium more stable and easier on flat long straight roads. Get a decent fitter to take a look and I am sure you will be fine.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply