Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is it true, road bike size =1 tri-bike down
Quote | Reply
Is this true. I went to a triathlon shop in Ohio recently and was told that if I rode a 53cm road bike than I would more than likely ride smaller size in triathlon bike. So I was looking at a felt s32 in 50 or 52 cm. I know I need to get a professional fit, but there is nowhere nearby.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it true, road bike size =1 tri-bike down [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally depends so in a word no...

If you look at the geometries of different companies you will find that one companies 52 is very different from another comanies 52... that is assuming that they even meausre them the same way (especially weith compact bikes) Lets say that your road bike is big for its "size" and your tri is small for its size, or vidse versa, or something inbetween there can not be some rule of thumb which is going to work for you.

Point being this would be an absolutely horrible way of choosing your bike, this is going to be a several thousand dollar investment you need to do better than just ballparking it. At the very least I woul call up someone at one fo the reputable shops which does mailorder (not a mailorder place persay) give them your dimensions and cross your fingers... however you know that the best thing to do would to get fitted though...

Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Is it true, road bike size =1 tri-bike down [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everybody is different, but what they may be talking about is if you were to ride a normal road geometry bike and set it up for time trialing. I go down a size in frame because the top tube is too long for time trialing on a road set up bike with traditional geometry.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it true, road bike size =1 tri-bike down [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply