Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Is Wyn Republic clothing see through?
Quote | Reply
Looking to get a new sleeved tri suit for this season and I really like the Wyn Republic designs. I’m just worried that a lot of their stuff looks super thin (see through). Obviously the Black tri suits aren’t but was interested in the lighter colored stuff. Any experience? I’m a guy so it’s not the end of the world if my nips show but it’s not the look I’d prefer...
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wyn Republic clothing see through? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Cycling kit is white on the back and its a little transparent when wet, but i wouldn't call it see through
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got one of their black kits (Origins aero) and it is not see through, except the ventilation panels under the armpits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The light colored stuff (like the trisuit that fades to white on top) is see through -- comfortable and nice to wear, but definitely translucent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Ombre or whatever the idiotic fashion that is in nowadays is. However, only when you're sweating and it was designed that way because "tri-chic"

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered the new Rayure orange/navy jersey and the pro navy bibs so I'll let you know in a few days

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wyn Republic clothing see through? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
isn't this company co-owned by a convicted doper?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wyn Republic clothing see through? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

That's in the past and she is returning to racing. Do you avoid Trek because they sponsored Lance?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
terrible analogy is terrible. but to kinda answer your question, i don't own any treks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you boycott apparel brands who have sponsored teams that had dopers? Do you avoid Castelli because Froome has some sketchiness?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you not think it is massively different that this person co-owns the company? you are pretty far out on the limb there imo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there -

My husband wears Wyn Republic skin suits in training and racing and the very first edition (white ombre) was a bit on the translucent side when he was sweaty/wet but they've since changed the fabric and the current versions are not translucent at all. Most recently he wore the skin suit for the Belgian Waffle Ride and found it to be super comfortable and chafe-free for all 140 miles... or whatever crazy distance that race was!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on if you think she took it intentionally. I don't know if she did or not. I don't think it can be proven. She was given a 2 year ban because WADA viewed it as unintentional. So again...if she really didn't take it on purpose why should I not support a triathlon company?

Last edited by: BryanD: May 2, 18 13:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, if you want to purchase from them, go right ahead. i just find it curious that slowtwitch f'n hates dopers but then buys apparel from them. (and I guess I should have stated from the beginning that I wasn't only replying to you, just the thread in general)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate dopers just as well as anyone else. I'm just saying they never proved she took it intentionally. Innocent until proven guilty. I think Beth and Luke have made a nice business and their designs are really cool. Therefore, I will support them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the two year ban is the “proven guilty” part.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Last edited by: mungub50: May 2, 18 13:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Sean H wrote:

That's in the past and she is returning to racing. Do you avoid Trek because they sponsored Lance?

As a matter of fact, I do avoid Trek because they sponsored Lance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
no, if you want to purchase from them, go right ahead. i just find it curious that slowtwitch f'n hates dopers but then buys apparel from them. (and I guess I should have stated from the beginning that I wasn't only replying to you, just the thread in general)

They make cool stuff and don't have supply chain and customer service problems...move on, or in fact get a life.

Quote Reply
Re: Is Wyn Republic clothing see through? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume that since you completely discredit a company based solely on questionable past behavior, you also refuse to purchase products from companies currently or previously tied to sweatshop labor? Hope you don't own any Nikes and that you aren't posting from an iPhone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As to the original post.....I don't own any of their stuff but know some people on their team and all their gear is really quite nice with no see-through problems that I have noticed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

BryanD wrote:
Do you boycott apparel brands who have sponsored teams that had dopers? Do you avoid Castelli because Froome has some sketchiness?

BryanD wrote:
I hate dopers just as well as anyone else. I'm just saying they never proved she took it intentionally. Innocent until proven guilty. I think Beth and Luke have made a nice business and their designs are really cool. Therefore, I will support them.

Haha Bryan. She was banned for 2 years. She is a drug cheat.

And Froome has not tested positive yet. So all your comments are completely off the mark.

Beth McKenzie is a convicted drug cheat. Yes she will race this weekend at Ironman Australia. And guessing she will win her age group and go to Kona.

I wonder if she is still being drug tested now she no longer races at a professional?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wyn Republic clothing see through? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet ignorant post. Once you pop, you get drug tested pretty invasively even after you retire...I have no idea why this happens to folks. But I see it all the time in the NFL and MLB, it's somehow still called random. But it definitely isn't

Last edited by: TheStroBro: May 2, 18 20:22
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wyn Republic clothing see through? [swimswam1003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimswam1003 wrote:
I assume that since you completely discredit a company based solely on questionable past behavior, you also refuse to purchase products from companies currently or previously tied to sweatshop labor? Hope you don't own any Nikes and that you aren't posting from an iPhone!

As a matter of fact, I hate Nike and Apple products. I use Adidas and Samsung. Yup, someone associated with those companies probably sucks too.

But.. I have watched that smug asshole Lance on his Trek for way too many hours of cycling... just can't do Trek. I'll even admit they make damn fine bikes, you just won't get me to ride one.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wyn Republic clothing see through? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Beth McKenzie is a convicted drug cheat. Yes she will race this weekend at Ironman Australia. And guessing she will win her age group and go to Kona.

I wonder if she is still being drug tested now she no longer races at a professional?

She's not racing Australia this weekend. Luke is. Beth is racing Cairns in a month. Her pro license is still valid so I doubt she will be racing as an AGer.

Also you can see a list of people who have been tested by USADA here:

https://www.usada.org/...thlete-test-history/

Beth has not been tested this year by USADA but her ban wasn't officially up until 2 days ago (May 1). Pretty sure they aren't going to test someone who's currently banned. But I'm sure she will be tested from now until the end of the year.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Is Wyn Republic clothing see through? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should test them more. What a better time for a doper to dope?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next