Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is R&A Cycles legit?
Quote | Reply
Caught this to good to be true deal on R&A: https://www.racycles.com/...-clincher-wheel-5826

Zipp 808's (2013) for $399??? What's the catch?

Wondering if anyone has experience with them.... Positive or Negative

Thank you
Last edited by: p3: Mar 18, 18 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: Is R&A Cycles legit? [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R and A in New York...yes just got a Felt DA from them...I'm pleased.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its the most impressive shop I've ever been in and I avoid it like the plague, or at least try to leave my wallet at home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ad looks like front wheel only. R&A is definitely legit but, unless closeout/sales, a bit expensive given their fixed costs/location.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a front wheel only. Still not bad for a new 808 but not the crazy deal you thought they were.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Is R&A Cycles legit? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
That's a front wheel only. Still not bad for a new 808 but not the crazy deal you thought they were.

Got it. you're right. Still, great deal. Sounds like mostly positive experiences
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya used them a bunch in the past. Wheels small parts... They also do Cervelo close outs. P5-6 for under 4000. Used stuff on EBay is more expensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
p3 wrote:
Caught this to good to be true deal on R&A: https://www.racycles.com/...-clincher-wheel-5826

Thank you

They're legit. But that's a 5-year old wheel model, isn't it? Not a bad deal anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a steel Colnago track bike from them in 1996 for $1000. Sold it ten years later (for significantly more than i paid for it) to pay law school tuition. God I miss that bike.

They are one of the most well-established high end bicycle retailers in the world. I don’t think you have anything to worry about ordering from them (assuming the wheel is still in stock).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp wheels at cost price minus the 500% mark up you would normally buy them at...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, they are legit arseholes. They do have impressive stock though... Make sure you get what you actually paid for. They're notoriously sloppy with inventory and the little details like what year your wheels-frame-shoe-whatever is from.
Last edited by: velox canis: Mar 19, 18 8:41
Quote Reply
Re: Is R&A Cycles legit? [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:
Yes, they are legit arseholes. They do have impressive stock though... Make sure you get what you actually paid for. They're notoriously sloppy with inventory and the little details like what year your wheels-frame-shoe-whatever is from.

Sounds like they may be legit, but not "too legit to quit" (M.C. Hammer).

Thanks everyone for your comments. I will proceed with caution with R&A.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck! They do sell a lot of excellent products, and there are some deals to be had, but most of the staff are smarmy, condescending and over-the-top pushy. Quality gear will sell itself (at least to knowledgeable consumers) without the off-putting salespeople
Quote Reply
Re: Is R&A Cycles legit? [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super D wrote:
p3 wrote:

Thank you

They're legit. But that's a 5-year old wheel model, isn't it? Not a bad deal anyway.

Can you point me to data that shows a faster wheel has been made in the last 5 years?

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great dealings with them, would not hesitate at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Is R&A Cycles legit? [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 here. Got my P5 from them, couldn't be more pleased with service and price.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
p3 wrote:

Thank you

They are based in Brooklyn. They have a massive warehouse with a fc*k ton of old stuff so they're probably just liquidating it.
Quote Reply
Re: Is R&A Cycles legit? [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:

I will second this. Watch them carefully!
Quote Reply
Re: Is R&A Cycles legit? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Zipp wheels at cost price minus the 500% mark up you would normally buy them at...
500% markup? I wish.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a great deal on a Scott Plasma frame from them. Strictly mail order. They were quick and helpful when I had a follow up question. I would gladly deal with them again.
Quote Reply
Re: Is R&A Cycles legit? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. I work at a Zipp dealer and I would have got 858s if it was really a 500% markup. Bike shops don't make much from selling parts anymore.
Quote Reply