Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3
Quote | Reply
http://m.ironman.com/....aspx#/axzz5QRsZsA1N

It will certainly be a lot more comfortable weather than a Mid July Race. I got to support the local races.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Sep 7, 18 14:43
Quote Reply
Re: Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3 [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I wonder how VTSMTS (Kinetic Multisport) will respond with Kinetic Half/Sprint around the same dates.
Quote Reply
Re: Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3 [swimtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked, this years Kinetic half was on May 12th.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assume lodging pretty much anywhere in Williamsburg will work? I don't see any course maps yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3 [swimtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually talked to Greg about this a couple of weeks ago. Turns out their proposed date for Kinetic is the same weekend as what is now Virginia 70.3. He's not thrilled about it, but the people that know Kinetic races and have done them for years tend to be pretty loyal customers.

Considering the heat and humidity have been brutal previously (husband DNFed on the run at Rev3 Williamsburg a few years ago due to heat exhaustion), I understand why they moved up, but it kind of seems like a jab that they put it the same weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3 [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HeartRN wrote:
, but it kind of seems like a jab that they put it the same weekend.

Total coincidence.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt it... if you weren't being sarcastic.

That said Ironman VA is on an earlier weekend now(they changed their date already)... among other things I think W&M's graduation was on the same weekend. That will be a crowded weekend in Williamsburg on its own.
Quote Reply
Re: Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3 [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice...love the increased NATIONAL awareness around triathlon!

You guys hate on WTC but how many eyes nationally were on the rev3 williamsburg half ? Lot less then there will be now...feels good for the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3 [triczyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triczyk wrote:
Nice...love the increased NATIONAL awareness around triathlon!

You guys hate on WTC but how many eyes nationally were on the rev3 williamsburg half ? Lot less then there will be now...feels good for the sport.

Race participation is down in triathlon. Awareness isn't doing much to help apparently. Long time quick sellouts are now starting to advertise walk up registration on race week. And the anti-WTC animus is not abating in the slightest.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:

That said Ironman VA is on an earlier weekend now(they changed their date already)... among other things I think W&M's graduation was on the same weekend. That will be a crowded weekend in Williamsburg on its own.

Damn if the hotels in Williamsburg are anything like the hotels in Harrisonburg then that is back to back weekends of big cash days. For JMUs graduation in 2014 rooms that were $99 non football weekends $124 football weekends were going for $250 and sold out months in advance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
xeon wrote:

Damn if the hotels in Williamsburg are anything like the hotels in Harrisonburg then that is back to back weekends of big cash days. For JMUs graduation in 2014 rooms that were $99 non football weekends $124 football weekends were going for $250 and sold out months in advance.
Good to know... we'll be going to JMUs homecoming game in a few weekends and my daughter graduates there next spring... bunking with her in her townhouse it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
Billabong wrote:
xeon wrote:

Good to know... we'll be going to JMUs homecoming game in a few weekends and my daughter graduates there next spring... bunking with her in her townhouse it is.

That is what we did but the Grandmas had to stay in Stanton. Make sure that on graduation Saturday that you leave real early, the buses will be packed. My daughter thinking she knew it all and not wanting to leave early made it just as they began the procession.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting an old thread here, but Virginia is looking good for races this year. I've got lots of friends gearing up for Virginia 70.3 and Summer and I are personally racing Rev3 Williamsburg as it's PTO supported this year! Starky and Angela Naeth are confirmed for that as well. Unfortunate timing as we just moved out of VA, but worth it to go back and race close to family.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Is REV3 No More? Ironman Virginia 70.3 [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is really tempting. If they Ironman Lake Placid is cancelled, I may have to do both. Both are only about 5 hours away from Philly.

Williamsburg Triathlon:

https://rev3tri.com/events/williamsburg/

New England Triathlon:
https://rev3tri.com/events/new-england/

Do you know if the NET is going to be PTO supported?
Quote Reply