Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Island House Tri done?
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen or heard anything and seems Luke McKenzie is mute on the race. Maybe he has found better profitability with the Wynn gear instead of the Island House Resort. Did he have stake in that or an investment?

Seems to follow the trend of all these big payout single weekend races. Throw in big money, grab "A-List" of pros, run it 2-3 years and then fade away.

I loved the format and the weekend of racing, just didn't seem to grab the attention it needed to be sustainable I assume.
Last edited by: CU427: Sep 17, 18 22:29
Quote Reply
Re: Is Island House Tri done? [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still waiting to see last years Island House!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine the race was bringing in much, if any, income to the resort. I'd guess that whoever was footing the bill probably decided to spend that money on something else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never felt IH was anything more than a glorified exhibition to showoff someone's money. And maybe that was all the goal the whole time, and comparing it to say a format like Super League is unfair. But SL is branding itself for atleast long term development/pipeline. They seem to understand that by investing in the athlete success they are creating a really strong and successful format/brand themselves. They seem to be much much more engaging overall, and again that just may be because IH probaly was just a tax write-off for 1 billionaire for a few years and SL seems to just be better investment for another billionaire.

I always felt IH was just some rich dude letting the elite pros play in his sandbox. It really had no enduring quality, even though it had what the best athletes both short and long....never felt "genuine" if that makes sense.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Is Island House Tri done? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I agree. I never felt like IH was intended to be a long term event. I don’t see how it could be profitable without TV advertising dollars. It seemed like it was an ad for the resort packaged in a triathlon. Which is fine. Just now a long term thing I don’t think.

Selfishly, I want the McKenzie family laser focused on Wyn Republic cuz their stuff is LEGIT. Every time they come out with new kit my money disappears 😃
Quote Reply
Re: Is Island House Tri done? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What pissed me off about IH was they promoted the race for weeks in the lead up to it, got you all excited.

Then there was no way of watching the race until a couple of month after.

Last years as far as I'm aware still hasn't been uploaded anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be nice to see Super League take over the venue and broadcast it for some (small) revenue.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it's over: http://www.islandhousetriathlon.com/

"Thank you for supporting the Island House Invitational Triathlon 2015-2017"

Here's the 50 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 18, 18 15:19
Quote Reply
Re: Is Island House Tri done? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2017 Island House Invitational is on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mICAH1dGyFY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I curious as to why Jorgensen has Island House gear on almost every vlog.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Island House Tri done? [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Island House is still a place, so I am guessing that the owner is still sponsoring her.

Looks sweet!

http://the-island-house.com/

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply