Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's?
Quote | Reply
I've been waiting for the 2018 dvd to come out but nothing so far. I emailed them and they didn't really have an answer. Is this because NBC is broadcasting it? Kinda disappointing.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's? [guy2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's a DVD?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha! I know. I have all of them from 1991 though and watch them when I need inspiration. Guess I'll have to rely on youtube from here.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's? [guy2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I was just cleaning out my basement and threw out a box of TdF dvd's from the Lance years. when I'm on the trainer I'd rather watch Red Bull TV with Jolanda Neff on the mountain bike than Ullrich's butt going up a hill.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
What's a DVD?
This.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can watch it off the IM facebook page. No need to buy a dvd...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guy2600 wrote:
Hahaha! I know. I have all of them from 1991 though and watch them when I need inspiration. Guess I'll have to rely on youtube from here.

They pulled them off of YouTube too! I used to love watching them on long rides, especially the older ones. Now for some reason they have 1) gotten all copies pulled that others had posted, and 2) made it impossible to watch or buy them any other way.

Cool. Cool. I'm sure that helps their business somehow. Or it's stupid. One or the other.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's? [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are still a few on YouTube. The bigger issue is that the older races are horrible resolution...
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's? [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Phil wrote:
There are still a few on YouTube. The bigger issue is that the older races are horrible resolution...

Yeah every now and then they pop up and then get pulled. Some from the 90s are still floating around. I was willing to deal with the VHSness of them. Almost made it better oddly..

But it used to be really easy to go from the mid-80s all the way through today on YouTube. I get pulling the recent ones, but the classics? They don't even sell them. I really wish I downloaded them when I could have..

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DVD from the Lance years? I have all that on VHS. Like 20 tapes.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You kids...
I have LeMond on VHS from the '80s.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman no longer producing world championship dvd's? [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
Uncle Phil wrote:

Yeah every now and then they pop up and then get pulled. Some from the 90s are still floating around. I was willing to deal with the VHSness of them. Almost made it better oddly..

But it used to be really easy to go from the mid-80s all the way through today on YouTube. I get pulling the recent ones, but the classics? They don't even sell them. I really wish I downloaded them when I could have..

This is the one benefit of having DVD's. You can watch them whenever you want and they're hard to lose. I'm going to keep it old school and download make new dvd's. I'll covert them to digital files and have them too. Take a look on ebay. You sometimes find the entire collection come up for cheap money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DVD jokes aside. Ironman is now doing all their TV stuff and specials in house. Meaning they are producing their own stuff. The off shoot of this is A. the quality isn't as good and B. the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing so no I bet they arent planning to release DVDs yes its a dying almost dead format but heck how expensing can it be to make one and throw it up along with all the other merch they are flogging. I being one of the biggest merch whores there is when sent into an expo tent. LOL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I have them all going back to 1991 except for 1999...that's the one I haven't seen pop up anywhere.
Quote Reply