Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Ironman Suicidal???
Quote | Reply
/s mostly/ During my suicide prevention training in the military one "red flag" was if your friend randomly starts just giving away all their most prized possessions and talking really strangely. Well, this is like the 3rd time IM has tried selling off their $50 finisher shirts from 2018 for like $5 and I'm worried.

Ironman...Andrew Messick....if you are alright, BLINK TWICE and drop a wattbomb/Dab on at the 17 minute mark of Ironman VR11 Champion Series Sponsored by VegaSport and presented by Facebook Live on IRONMANnow. End the race with a fortnight dance so the 600 of us watching know you're alright. ❤

Andrew Lovato...if Mike "Depth of Field" Riley is holding a gun to your head right off screen while you commentate on the breed of dog on the living room couch of Tyler Butterfield..."Tell us to Like, Comment, and Subscribe" at the 2nd Rouvy Preem.
/s/

Dare I strut around in a 4-Way Comfort Stretch Hoodie displaying I "finished" Ironman Wisconsin a year before I had even heard of the sport, just to save $111 and gain free shipping? ...I mean, it's cheaper than an Mdot tat.🤔🤔
Last edited by: FasterTwitch: Jun 9, 20 20:42
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman Suicidal??? [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if you can get around the 404 or 503 error message, only the XS men's shirts are available for $5.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would you say is the fair market value of a 2 year old race specific finisher's shirt?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman Suicidal??? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are just trying to get rid of old stuff and liquidate as much as possible I guess. I bought some accessories, t-shirts and jackets. They are not making any money selling stuff at the Expo since there's no race coming, so I think that's a smart way to make some money. I would do exact same thing if I were him. So need to seating on old stuff forever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to get my hands on that 2017 IM Tahoe hoodie for a race I've never finished. In fact give me a 2018 Syracuse IM 70.3 tech tee while we're at it. It might come in handy someday when someone asks if I've ever been to New York.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They suckered me into buying a few things from a race I did last year. I mean a $5 coffee mug, $10 backpack, $5 purist water bottle, and $4 for some nice running socks. Those are good deals on things I use a good bit!

As others said, the race specific stuff has a short shelf life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of IMSG 2012 where they had boxes and boxes of finisher shirts and hats at the breakfast the next day because it was so poorly attended and completed. Went home with several backups (earned them all that race).
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman Suicidal??? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After a few goes at trying to buy stuff that was supposed to be in stock when you try to add it to the cart it comes up out of stock.

It is click bait to get you to buy the more expensive stuff!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When WTC had the 5150 series, they were selling all kinds of finisher gear for $5 at the Boulder Peak expo. That was 2011.

So, this isn't anything new.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman Suicidal??? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
What would you say is the fair market value of a 2 year old race specific finisher's shirt?

-$5.95 (to cover shipping & handling) /notpink

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Even if you can get around the 404 or 503 error message, only the XS men's shirts are available for $5.

404 shame on you. 503 shame on me.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman Suicidal??? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found a couple of jackets from races I've done for $10 each in Men's Large. No specific "Finisher" dates on them. Original "stated" price of $150 to $170. Of course, I would have never paid full price at the expo.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman Suicidal??? [mountain_erin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mountain_erin wrote:
When WTC had the 5150 series, they were selling all kinds of finisher gear for $5 at the Boulder Peak expo. That was 2011.

So, this isn't anything new.

Exactly. Years ago they had all kinds of finisher's gear at the St Anthony's Triathlon expo. Eventually they need to dump that old stock and they are most likely in a severe cash crunch at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Ironman Suicidal??? [slowchi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowchi wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

404 shame on you. 503 shame on me.

Care to elaborate? Seriously, I'm internet illiterate.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has the sale to the new owners closed? My guess is that the definitive agreement carved out merchandise stock, and that Wanda wants whatever they can get for it.
Quote Reply