Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Armstong an entertaining public speaker?
Quote | Reply
Lance Armstrong is speaking at a fund raising dinner for our local cancer institute. I was wondering what is he is like to hear live. Is he an entertaining speaker or am I better off just reading his book?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Armstong an entertaining public speaker? [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heck yes, I'd go! I've never seen Lance in person. Whether he is a good or bad live speaker, I'd go to see him anyway. It's not often you can be in the same room with one of the greatest athletes ever. If I just got one moment of inspiration or one piece of useful information out of the event I'd say it was worth it. It would be interesting to see how he speaks live as opposed to on TV.

I once took my daughter (now an all state track athlete) to hear Sheila Taormina speak. She held and even tried on Sheila's Olympic medal for a few moments. I don't think she's ever been the same since.
Last edited by: R Isgrigg: Aug 8, 03 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: Is Armstong an entertaining public speaker? [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's better in person than in his book. He is engaging, witty, and seems to really be enjoying his work as a cancer treatment advocate. He also doesn't mince his words or couch meanings...he tells it just like he sees it, no matter what the audience might think about what his answer "should" be. Be there. It's worth it.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply