Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman vip experience? Worth it for family?
Quote | Reply
Thinking about it for 70.3 Ohio. 105$ for premium swim viewing? Breakfast. Finish line hospitality tent with catered lunch?

Anyone here have any input? Are the breakfast and lunch really good?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman vip experience? Worth it for family? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a lot of money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends a lot on the venue. For most I have seen, there is not much value to the VIP thing. It would have been OK at the New Orleans 70.3, but that race is dead now. It might be good if there are no other options around for food and you family wants the option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Afg53 wrote:
Thinking about it for 70.3 Ohio. 105$ for premium swim viewing? Breakfast. Finish line hospitality tent with catered lunch?

I did it for worlds in SA last year for the wife and newborn in tow. 100% worth it

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman vip experience? Worth it for family? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Afg53 wrote:
.....newborn......

Most important consideration.......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Afg53 wrote:

I think, in general, you are paying for a place near the finish line for your family. You should have very low expectations for food and service. It really depends on your family situation, as others have pointed out.

How good would the eggs have to be for you to pay $105?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did that for my wife last year at 70.3 Lake Placid as a surprise for her for supporting my training. She said it was kind of a bust though. I don't see doing it again.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by: Don_W: Jul 25, 19 3:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Afg53 wrote:

I would just give your family the money and tell them to go out and do something fun on their own rather than sit around for hours and hours just to see you for a few seconds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got it for my family at Steelhead, didn’t have to pay for it so my opinion might have changed if I did. Parking was right next to transition which was very nice because of not you had to walk or take a shuttle. My parents and wife said the food was pretty good and it was nice to have a tent to relax in while I was on the bike and run. The finish line area wasn’t a huge issue for them since i would have finished early enough for them to get a good spot either way.

My dad said he wouldn’t pay for it but if there isn’t a lot of seating or parking is tough it might be worth it to not have to have tour family running around while you’re racing.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman vip experience? Worth it for family? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Callin' wrote:
Afg53 wrote:
.....newborn......

I'll take a newborn over a "bored" 6 and 8 year old any day of the week.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman vip experience? Worth it for family? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Callin' wrote:
Afg53 wrote:
.....newborn......

I'll take a newborn over a "bored" 6 and 8 year old any day of the week.

The 6&8 year old are going to be bored regardless, but having “nice” place to relax with an infant for the day is a more important IMHO.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply