Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman to Sprint/Olympic
Quote | Reply
This year life would have it to where it was possible for me to train and race some 70.3's and IMCHOO. It has been a fantastic race season and I have learned a lot, especially coming from a heavy a sprint/oly background.

Life now dictates that IM races for sure are out of the question due to training time (I like to be as competitive as I can, 5-8hrs a week for that distance will drive me nuts) and money.

With all of that being said, post IMCHOO and going into racing sprint and olympics next season, how do I transition back to the shorter distances?

Do I start getting on the bike for watt smashing sessions and burn the soles off my shoes from speed workouts? Or is there some other where to take advantage of the 70.3 and IM base that I have? It would be a shame to "lose" that base of mileage.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman to Sprint/Olympic [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cptnemo wrote:
This year life would have it to where it was possible for me to train and race some 70.3's and IMCHOO. It has been a fantastic race season and I have learned a lot, especially coming from a heavy a sprint/oly background.

Life now dictates that IM races for sure are out of the question due to training time (I like to be as competitive as I can, 5-8hrs a week for that distance will drive me nuts) and money.

With all of that being said, post IMCHOO and going into racing sprint and olympics next season, how do I transition back to the shorter distances?

Do I start getting on the bike for watt smashing sessions and burn the soles off my shoes from speed workouts? Or is there some other where to take advantage of the 70.3 and IM base that I have? It would be a shame to "lose" that base of mileage.

It depends on how you organise your training schedule. If you periodise, you should definitely do a shorter Base and concentrate more on building/peaking, because your IM training probably has already given you general endurance enough to focus on skills which are more relevant to shorter events.
Quote Reply