Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman not won on Bike?--Larsen Lost!
Quote | Reply
He had a huge lead of the bike and after 18k in the run, Cam caught him and now Larsen is out of the top five--might not even do a top 10.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman not won on Bike?--Larsen Lost! [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still believe it can be won on the bike;) Go Larsen!
Quote Reply
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeally? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Reeeeeeeeeeeeeally? [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, really.. Natasha was the 47th fastest runner at Kona. Larsen was SLOW on the run at NZ... you have to have the complete package, and MOST importantly you have to be a good marathoner. He lost 23 minutes on the run, he was pacing more than a minute/mile slower than Cameron Brown. Lets say he had a crappy run, lets say he can pace at 7 flat on a good day... he still loses! He would've had to hold approximately a 6:50 pace to win. That's only 27 seconds per mile slower than Brown.

mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the running that counts in triathlon whether it be an IM or a sprint. That's why I can't ever win my AG. Can do it on the bike, but if you're a poor runner all you can do is shrug as all these people you passed on the bike blow by you on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman not won on Bike?--Larsen Lost! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was definitely a runners day down under yesterday. The running times were very strong. Eight runners were at or under 3:00. That is really something even if this were the world championships. With that many guys under 3:00, nearly 1% of the field, it would be tough to win if you aren't one of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman not won on Bike?--Larsen Lost! [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all great fun !!!!!!
I wish for a top 20 finish.
Someone was first out of the watter to.
I don't think they were first either.
It's all great fun!!!!!!!

Slowtwitch bitchist place on planet earth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Umm... Jo Lawn? She won it on the bike. Just held on enough to win ahead of two VERY fast marathons (3:04 & 3:02!!!).

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman not won on Bike?--Larsen Lost! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first year of doing tris my splits for Olympic distance tris were around 30 min swim, 1:12 bike and sub 33 min run (obviously I come from a running background). At almost every race I did I had the fastest run split but I was waaaaaay off any podium spots. Even if you got the swim down to 22 minutes (which is where it is now) a slow bike ride wouldn't put me near enough to win anything since giving up 12 minutes means the leaders have to have pathetic runs (or walks) for me to catch them. Obviously if the biker is awesome but cannot run at all or has to walk portions the runners will catch them but even a speedster like Lisa Bentley can come up short if the biker manges to hold together a reasonable pace on the run. The races do not favour runners, they favour triathletes!
Quote Reply