Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman neck pain
Quote | Reply
The night before this past Ironman Florida I made the mistake of cutting my drinking straw on my aero bottle. This forced me to stretch my neck down further than normal each time I took a drink. I noticed during the ride that it was a nuisance but it didn't seem to really bother me. Two day after the race I could barely turn my head, here it is 3 months later and I am still having mobility problems when turning my head to either left or right. I've been to a Doctor, had x-rays, done the physical therapy excercises, etc... Has anyone else out there ever had a similar problem? There is no pain or numbness radiating from the area and as long as I don't turn my head beyond a very limited point I have no problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman neck pain [trihiti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Find a good chiropractor in your area. The spinal manipulation used is often very successful for restoring normal mobility to the cervical spine. The PT exercises are also good but will work better as an adjunct to the chiropractic treatments.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman neck pain [trihiti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every couple of months, my neck gets funky (no doubt from biking and swimming). I don't lose mobility as much as it just hurts (almost like it's sore) and I have to keep digging my hands into it for relief until I can get to my chiropractor/ART guy who always fixes me up. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay fixed, but I think that's part of being a triathlete.
Quote Reply