Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial
Quote | Reply
Wasnt expecting to hear the word Ironman referenced in this commercial at all... some major brand awareness for them in one of the more controversial topics at the moment (Nike's campaign)

https://www.youtube.com/...-A&feature=share
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah but I have a feeling the average ironman is firmly on the side of Kaepernick shutting up
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
yeah but I have a feeling the average ironman is firmly on the side of Kaepernick shutting up

I’m on the side of the Orange man shutting up, actually.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
randomtriguy wrote:
Wasnt expecting to hear the word Ironman referenced in this commercial at all... some major brand awareness for them in one of the more controversial topics at the moment (Nike's campaign)

https://www.youtube.com/...-A&feature=share

Was at the Dr today and someone in the waiting room brought it up. She lives in the sticks (I already live in the sticks) and was adamant how she hasn't bought Nikes in 20 years and doesn't plan on buying ever again. She doesn't get, this was A-B tested ad nauseum, Nike doesn't make mistakes. This only will help Nike but if means better availability of the Vaporfly 4% so be it.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really?

Being black in America is like riding a bike. You can be killed at any moment for existing and pissing off the wrong person because they were in a bad mood. Of course you can get off your bike whenever you like and choose the nicest places to ride a bike at the safest times.
All riders are all for more road safety. I'd hope they'd also be for the safety of other American's in other (much more dangerous) situations.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
peace242000 wrote:

Agreed
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [Etip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Etip wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
peace242000 wrote:

Agreed

Agreed as well
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a good take on it - https://www.forbes.com/...ernick/#109ab3297104

I don't plan to stop buying Nikes which I started buying as a teen soon after that long-haired rebel Pre died.

I remember a Just Do It poster featuring Mark Allen from the early years of that campaign that I had on my office wall.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Sep 5, 18 19:51
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [guy2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guy2600 wrote:
Etip wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
peace242000 wrote:

Agreed

Agreed as well

I’ll jump on this agree train. Good for Nike. Makes me more interested in their product

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. And i’d Like to hear more from Kap
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:

Anyone but that Bozo

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [tmonica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tmonica wrote:

As an aussie all I hear of and see in regards to black culture is hip hop glorifying gang life, drugs sex and murder. And what I read about is black people shooting other black people at a horrific rate in Chicago etc.

Why don't some black leaders like this Kap guy speak out about that?

Also I don't understand how a black man earning millions of dollars in a country with a black president can say black people are oppressed?
Last edited by: dunno: Sep 5, 18 20:48
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
tmonica wrote:

As an aussie all I hear of and see in regards to black culture is hip hop glorifying gang life, drugs sex and murder. And what I read about is black people shooting other black people at a horrific rate in Chicago etc.

Also I don't understand how a black man earning millions of dollars in a country with a black president can say black people are oppressed?

stop making sense....it triggers the leftist...........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
tmonica wrote:

They do speak about that. It’s just not a story that sells. Controversy sells, common sense doesn’t.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
guy2600 wrote:
Etip wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
peace242000 wrote:

Agreed

Agreed as well

I’ll jump on this agree train. Good for Nike. Makes me more interested in their product

Yup. I'm actively ashamed of the members of this community who are so open about showing off the ignorant positions they'd maintain if they'd been posting on internet forums during the civil rights movement in the 1960s.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
dunno wrote:
tmonica wrote:

They do speak about that. It’s just not a story that sells. Controversy sells, common sense doesn’t.

There are certainly substantial segments of the American population who think that guaranteeing certain minimal property rights should preclude people from expressing their concerns about infringements on people's basic civil rights... these are the sort of people who NOBODY should waste time conversing with. They're starting from a fundamentally disgusting moral premise.

Good luck you two.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
dunno wrote:
tmonica wrote:

There are certainly substantial segments of the American population who think that guaranteeing certain minimal property rights should preclude people from expressing their concerns about infringements on people's basic civil rights... these are the sort of people who NOBODY should waste time conversing with. They're starting from a fundamentally disgusting moral premise.

Good luck you two.

I'm not sure if/what that has to do with my question? As an outsider looking in its would appear to me that a (large?) proportion of the black community in America have an issue with killing each other and also glorifying this way of life.

Id hazard to guess they number of black on black deaths is many many times higher than those wrongly shot by police? If community leaders are speaking out to help their community surely this is a topic they should also raise?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
dunno wrote:
tmonica wrote:

Good luck you two.

I'm not sure if/what that has to do with my question? As an outsider looking in its would appear to me that a (large?) proportion of the black community in America have an issue with killing each other and also glorifying this way of life.

Id hazard to guess they number of black on black deaths is many many times higher than those wrongly shot by police? If community leaders are speaking out to help their community surely this is a topic they should also raise?

Just so we can boil down your racism to the easiest possible summary, it would go something like:

"Black people have killed each other, so police killing black people at absurdly high rates is:..."

Good luck trying to finish this sentence in a way that doesn't make you ashamed of yourself, and in a way that doesn't make me ashamed to be involved (even adjacently) in the same community as you.

My suspicion is that you're well aware that your argument is absurd (and I also suspect that you're well-aware that its origin was some cousin to a hate group like Breitbart), and that having this discussion is enabling you and other people like you, so I'm going to end it here.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder who they were referring to in the commericial. The only ironman sponsored athlete is I know is John McAvoy. Heard him on Rich Roll's podcast. What a great story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

Also I don't understand how a black man earning millions of dollars in a country with a black president can say black people are oppressed?[/quote]
For the same reason that I’m a male and can say that preventing abortion to a lady exposed to sexual abuse is wrong.

You see, just because I am not experiencing it - doesn’t mean I do not have a moral structure that helps me observe when something isn’t right.

I don’t know if you know how the media works, but it isn’t like booking a doctors appointment. You have to be someone to make a splash, or be in the spotlight - you don’t just walk into a TV network and politely ask to raise some awareness.

As others have said, good luck to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
Just so we can boil down your racism to the easiest possible summary, it would go something like:

"Black people have killed each other, so police killing black people at absurdly high rates is:..."

Good luck trying to finish this sentence in a way that doesn't make you ashamed of yourself, and in a way that doesn't make me ashamed to be involved (even adjacently) in the same community as you.

My suspicion is that you're well aware that your argument is absurd (and I also suspect that you're well-aware that its origin was some cousin to a hate group like Breitbart), and that having this discussion is enabling you and other people like you, so I'm going to end it here.

Wow talk about 'triggered'-I cant believe you are stooping to calling me a racist, that I belong to a hate group and that I should be ashamed of myself for asking why black community leaders are not also talking about the rate at which they are killing themselves..wow...just wow.....

lol, you actually made me laugh out loud!

If anything I think you are the racist for not caring about black people killing each other. Wheres your concern for their well being? You are the racist! You should be ashamed of yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman mentioned in Kaepernick commercial [pedaldancer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pedaldancer wrote:

Also I don't understand how a black man earning millions of dollars in a country with a black president can say black people are oppressed?[/quote]

For the same reason that I’m a male and can say that preventing abortion to a lady exposed to sexual abuse is wrong.

You see, just because I am not experiencing it - doesn’t mean I do not have a moral structure that helps me observe when something isn’t right.

I don’t know if you know how the media works, but it isn’t like booking a doctors appointment. You have to be someone to make a splash, or be in the spotlight - you don’t just walk into a TV network and politely ask to raise some awareness.

As others have said, good luck to you.[/quote]
uh huh...not sure I understand the point you are trying to make but how are black people oppressed when you have one (until recently) that held the highest office in the world? I regularly read about black sportspeople, entertainers and professionals all earning tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars. How does this represent oppression?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never really had any Nike gear, but now I'm definitely more willing to buy some.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:

What NFL team is he on again that pays him millions?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next