Hello everybody, I'm from Canada and i will travel to cairns Australia on june for my fifth Ironman
I will like to know all i can before my trip, so if you already did that race, any advice would be very appreciate
Best place to stay?
Wheel setup???? Bontrager 9 front and back or Disc wheel ??
Bike corse elevation?
Hey mate, I'm in Perth (Western Australia) and am flying over to do Cairns 70.3. Will be my first time over there, so can't really give a heap of advice, other than what I've gleaned from mates and the net, so some of it may be wrong! Some random bullet points:
- ride is hilly in sections, but fast. Prone to winds, so you may find a strong headwind at some point. Ride is very scenic
- road surface is pretty good
- run is flat and great with a lot of crowd support
- swim is rolling start and always wetsuit legal because of jellyfish
- swim can be choppy
- T1 and T2 are in different locations, Palm Cove is at start, Cairns is Finish, so people choose one or the other to stay. Pros and cons for both.
- will be warmish and humid