Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right, I tried the on-call medical device rep job. The one that never sleeps, the one that gets up at 4:30am to drive to a hospital 90 miles away to check a patient in the morning at 5:30am. Then makes rounds with doctors, goes to clinic to see patients while his phone is buzzing that he has to be in surgery in 10 minutes in a city 75 miles away. He is the last one notified of the surgery but the first one expected to be there. After scrambling to find some one to come cover his patients in the clinic he drives dangerously fast to get to the case because he has the product. After the case he has lunch with the doctor for a few minutes before heading to another case, then back to clinic to finish up, before heading to another city another 75 miles away to take a different doctor to dinner. Dinner starts late because that doctor was doing a case as well that went late. At dinner, you get a page that a patient 120 miles away needs to be checked right away so you orchestrate one of your peers to go. Afterwards you go out on the town with the doctor. By the time you get home it is 2:30am. You go for a 50min run, you take a shower, and are in bed by 3:45am. Your alarm is set for 4:30. Groundhound day all over again.

I can assure you unlike many of my peers, I don't come from a SBR background. I worked insanely hard at my job so please don't try to assume that you know how my life is. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But he said 7:30-5 job and kids, Your job was much different then that and you don't have kids...... ;)

I know you have a thick skin and this will all brush aside. You did bring an important hole in WTC's system to light and hopefully this helps get more consistency with WTC and their language, and maybe being back the pro division in Madison in full again, I know many others would appreciate it.

Have you talked to Rapp about this yet?

777!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
Keep digging Thomas you are doing a fantastic job for yourself and your sponsors

Actually, you sound like the whiniest bitch I have ever seen in my life. You should be racing Female Age group for sure.

And for the record, NO ONE who has posted in this thread comes off as a bigger ass than you!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
Keep digging Thomas you are doing a fantastic job for yourself and your sponsors

Actually, you sound like the whiniest bitch I have ever seen in my life. You should be racing Female Age group for sure.

And for the record, NO ONE who has posted in this thread comes off as a bigger ass than you!

thanks. I appreciate it. Do I get sign a banner and give a speech.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you're not a positive person. You are all about you. Not the kind of speech anyone wants to hear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
No, you're not a positive person. You are all about you. Not the kind of speech anyone wants to hear.

Wow I hope my sponsors don't see it the way you do. That would be bad for my professional triathlon career.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kathy,

You are absolutely right. I will add, I do think triathlon is unique and when I got to start Kona 2010 as an amateur I was stoked to race the pros on the same day on the same course. In 2013 when I went back and I was a pro and I got to line up with my own idols in the same wave - it was a dream come true. I have always enjoyed interacting with people on site at races much to my own detriment. And I do so on here as well. I really do believe that putting yourself out there is good mental training.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IF you have any, you shouldn't. You definitely haven't acted like one in this thread. I don't see any other Pro's throwing a fit like you either. THAT should tell you something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
IF you have any, you shouldn't. You definitely haven't acted like one in this thread. I don't see any other Pro's throwing a fit like you either. THAT should tell you something.

I've only seen one PRO throw a fit recently
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look in the mirror.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I totally agree that ironmayb sounds like the whiniest bitch ever, please don't send him over to the female AGs. We enjoy our relatively whiny bitch-free age groups ;)

http://trainingwheelsrequired.wordpress.com
@KellyNCollier
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [KellyNCollier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KellyNCollier wrote:
While I totally agree that ironmayb sounds like the whiniest bitch ever, please don't send him over to the female AGs. We enjoy our relatively whiny bitch-free age groups ;)

my apologies to you and everyone for being the whiniest bitch ever. I will quit now.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [KellyNCollier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He would just get shunned anyway. :-) Notice I said the whiniest "ever?" So you all wouldn't put up with him either. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas - been a twitter follower for a while and I guess you could say "fan" as well (as much as you can be a fan in a sport with very little media attention or actual race coverage) and may not completely agree with all your motives but as this thread spirals out of control with a lot false information I wanted to chime in with support. At this point it seems fruitless to address the detractors so just wanted to wish you luck in the future.

I think the only mistake you made was not realizing where this thread would eventually wind up, you've been here long enough!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Jeff May!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Thanks, Jeff May!

you are welcome LMBT_40-44 / Tri_Geek40-44 / TrekGeek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Look in the mirror.

Looking in the mirror in an Ironman thread will get you DQed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom. No matter what weirdness has transpired over this, you are always going to be up there with Crowies, Wellingtons, Scotts, and Allens to my stepkids. I think I might have told you this before but when they saw your homemade packing tape disc cover (was it 4 years ago?), they thought you were awesome. If we aren't racing ourselves we work the run station by the bike path and the kids are always enthusiastic when you come through. I know it wasn't your intention, but you set a good example that day by being frugal and innovative and showing you don't have to spend big bucks on equipment to be fast.
Last edited by: nickwisconsin: Sep 16, 15 11:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
KellyNCollier wrote:

my apologies to you and everyone for being the whiniest bitch ever. I will quit now.

I actually think you are trying to be reasonable. You make valid arguments.

I also think - in classic ST fashion - this has erupted a thread that is a much bigger deal with a small group of people in the thread... than it is/will be in real life.

How many Pros are really going to waste their time to "win" an AG race? Very very few in my opinion. There's very little return for them to do. Certainly any pros who are actually winning or placing in pro fields (no offense Thomas). Can't see a mad rush of low-level Pros trying to win AG fields. Who wants to burn matches like that for something that is clearly not a true professional win? Or God forbid... maybe they don't win... you want to talk about damaging your pro brand.

I would have to think this is a one-off for Thomas (sorry, don't know Thomas, making an assumption here). Why would he possibly come back...to beat another AG field?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
KellyNCollier wrote:

I also think - in classic ST fashion - this has erupted a thread that is a much bigger deal with a small group of people in the thread... than it is/will be in real life.

quote]

I agree but must admit I am guilty of erupting as part of that group and therefore taking focus off the subject. Why I started here and where this has gone are two different places, in part because of me.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwisconsin wrote:
Tom. No matter what weirdness has transpired over this, you are always going to be up there with Crowies, Wellingtons, Scotts, and Allens to my stepkids. I think I might have told you this before but when they saw your homemade packing tape disc cover (was it 4 years ago?), they thought you were awesome. If we aren't racing ourselves we work the run station by the bike path and the kids are always enthusiastic when you come through. I know it wasn't your intention, but you set a good example that day by being frugal and innovative and showing you don't have to spend big bucks on equipment to be fast.

Thanks you those words mean a lot to me :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of quick thoughts:

TG your contribution to the forum is always awesome, it's great to have a PRO on here to give feedback/talk shop etc, much respect to you because like you said most PRO's can't take heat of this forum.

With that said not sure your "beef" you entered a Non-Pro Ironman Race, your a Pro you won the race which mainly consisted of AGer's and you didn't get the attention or the award that you feel you deserved? This just seems odd to me, like you did this in protest or somthing...

Anyways....move on to the next race good luck
Last edited by: Run For Money: Sep 16, 15 15:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you didn nothing wrong or cheap and deserve the OA win despite the caterwauling otherwise. I also think you should go AG asap and take a Kona and 70.3 championship spot from some of that whiners.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wisconsin - Removing Pros From The Race? [npage148] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be mistaken, but i don't believe any of the people TG would be "racing" for a slot have ill will against TG.

I think what Thomas did was fine, provided if i had strolled into the expo I would have been able to secure an entry. That is on WTC, not TG. Even if I couldn't have signed up, I can't blame TG for utilizing his "privilege".

I do think WTC screwed the pooch when handling TG and Rudy's results.

I do think TG should have expected this thread to go the way it did.

I do think WTC can handle this type of situation better next time.

If i were a pro, i may feel differently about the situation.

I still want to race both TG and BB, along with James and Dan and merely get beat instead of destroyed.
Last edited by: sentania: Sep 17, 15 5:55
Quote Reply

Prev Next