Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Waco
Quote | Reply
Looks like IM is adding anbother full distance to the 2021 calandar. Any opinions on how the 70.3 Waco course would do as a full?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Waco [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm considering this race as well - it is one of the options for IMTX transfer.

Looking for any insights on weather conditions race day and the bike/run course. How is the road quality in Waco? Any shade on the run course?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Waco [TMR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When is the race? I did it a few times back when it was called Buffalo Springs 70.3. The race was usually end of June. It was always very hot (100+ degrees) and the run was exposed and hilly. Very hard course, and probably why it was one of the only 70.3 races that offered Kona spots. Not sure how much the course has changed since then, but I could not imagine doing a full in those same conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Waco [TMR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weather is a total crap shoot. Last year was in 30s for start but warmed up nice. Water temp was cold for Texas standards. Bike course was a bit rough in spots, windy, very similar to Austin 70.3. Run course does have some shade in spots but good luck with those hills in Cameron park. Really tough run imo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it is 2X 70.3 course then the Run would be quite difficult. The run is actually pretty shaded but has a couple monster hills run 2X for 70.3. Weather could be perfect, really cold, or really hot this time of year. I have done Waco 70.3 2018 (was hot) and 2019 (perfect).

I hope they looked at Football schedule before hand as hotels will be sold out as is but add in football and will be a huge problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Waco [Yosa125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is not the same as Buffalo Springs. Buffalo Springs has become Ironman Lubbock 70.3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd think it would be the same course they would have used when they tried to move IMTX there last fall. Two laps of the bike course and combination of the 70.3 run course and the Waco HM course.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Waco [Yosa125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oct 23, the day before the 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Waco [andrewhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewhtx wrote:
Oct 23, the day before the 70.3

Ugh, wish I’d known about this before buying an imaz foundation slot.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“If you would like to defer to IRONMAN 70.3 Waco in October 2021 no action is required at this time and you do not need to complete the link below. You will be sent a link to registered for the new date when online registration opens”

I was signed up for the 70.3 last year and like almost every other race it never happened. Got the deferral email months ago to pick a new race or keep my spot for Waco. I just wanted to have my spot moved into this year but I’ve yet to receive the reg link to get this years race taken care of. Was thinking for awhile the race wasn’t even happening this year!
Quote Reply