Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS (Update, they fixed most of the BS)
Quote | Reply
Have to vent a little and send a word of warning.

I am a frequent defender of Ironman and I've commended them for the VR series in this forum. I also applauded their efforts to cut out cheating with their stricter rules for the Champion Series. Welp, I got hosed. Joke is on me. I was extremely careful to follow every rule to the letter. Approved trainer. Ran on a track. Events in order, all well within 12 hours. Competed in qualifying events. Check. Check. Check.

I had an okay day, nothing lighting quick but still coming in 11th overall and top American on the results page:

https://app.ironmanvirtualclub.com/...81e4c13a9000061cf225

Felt okay about testing the system out. I've been excited to really go at it for the last three events and see how close to the top I could get. Lo and behold, I'm stripped from the rankings:

https://oly-one-product.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/...zWLwxMoBGEMjwBC7ttfs

Disappointed and angry sum up my feelings mostly. Feel a bit like a fool defending this and getting so many family and friends sold into the VR series. No one reached out about any weird results, nor would they have to because my real world IM results correlate well with these. I opened a ticket with the "VR Help" team but my hopes aren't high they'll sort this out for me in time for the next race on Friday, which really sucks because I've been focusing my training on the next 3 weeks of races since they announced this.

So if you were thinking about going for this, just be warned. Following every rule to the letter is no promise you'll be included in the results. I'll be sure to update if they actually can help me out.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Last edited by: MrRabbit: Jun 17, 20 3:58
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well crap. I’m not on the official results either. Ditto about following rules as precisely as I could. Where did you go to post a ticket with them?

The one fly in the ointment I found was that my Garmin had me at a net loss in my 10K, which was incorrect. I finished up a hill from my start. Strava’s altitude correction fixed it. So, if they went by device altitude and did not correct for altitude, that could have hosed some people.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed them at <ironmanvr@ironman.com> with links & screenshots for all of my events and my public Rouvy profile. Even with the damn screenshot of the finished bike they asked for just in case we got contacted.

What a mess this one is turning out to be.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Emailing that address next. I found a contact us form eventually on the Sport Heroes website, but I believe in redundancy.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow I really had to dig for that one but I found it too. Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I am tapping out. I just got my explanation email, and the Neo 2 is not on the approved list. The original Neo and the Neo 2T are on the list. That seems odd, but it excludes me.

Double Crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a Cycleops/Saris Hammer H1 and got the same 'non-compliant' trainer email. Bizarro! Needless to say, I'll be passing on further races if this doesn't get sorted out.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is odd... At least your trainer is listed. They just skipped over mine in their list. So on paper, I was handled correctly. (Though, I think it was an error on their part. To think that any of the Flux trainers is included over my Neo 2 is nutters.)

I emailed the address Rabbit gave above. Plus, I found the contact us form on the Sport Heroes website and opened a ticket there as well: https://help.sportheroes.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my case, I replied to the email they sent me and it appears to have auto-generated a help desk ticket on their end. (got an email response indicating a support ticket created) We'll see....

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same issue with Tacx Neo 2 here. Makes no sense. The Tacx Neo, Tacx Neo 2 and Tacx Neo 2T are substantially the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
I ride a Cycleops/Saris Hammer H1 and got the same 'non-compliant' trainer email. Bizarro! Needless to say, I'll be passing on further races if this doesn't get sorted out.

I'm on the same trainer, which heightens my frustration levels with this one. I got the same email overnight. I responded with pictures of my H1, a screenshot saying they approved it, and the Saris listing for the CycleOps H1.

I really don't want to bail on this but if they can't handle this it looks like a lot of people will have no choice.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [rsbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My big hope here is that these are just administrative errors. This is the first time they have done it and validated the results, and the first time they will have been challenged by people affected by the outcomes. For example, I could easily see someone overlooking that a Neo 2 is not the same as a 2T and not including it on the last. And similarly, their parser code could have just missed the H1 because of a bug.

Anyway, I do not hold them at fault for errors in the first event. But, if they do not correct them or respond fairly, then they deserve all the flaming the world can muster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I emailed them about 4 hours ago about the Tacx Neo 2. Let’s see if they respond and if so what they do. I hope they get this fixed since with most races cancelled this is a good alternative in the interim. Can’t see spending the money to buy a 2T when it’s almost identical to a 2.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [rsbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad I did not partake in this - I find it funny, my Neo 2 registers 2-3% under what my Power2Max powermeters (Type S, NG, and Classic on different bikes).

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's hoping. On Facebook there is a guy with an H3 that also got rejected. Strange errors.

I have been meaning to upgrade to a Wahoo Kickr for a while now because the H1 is pretty loud (and I also think the Kickr Climb looks fun), but I'm pretty sure they are sold out within a hundred miles of me so I'd be out of the running for this whole series if they can't fix this in time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy crap, am I reading these e-mails from Ironman VC right. If you see the Men's results in the online engine it says that there were about 1,600 men that finished, however the official PDF document they sent out this morning with official finishers says only 651 men finished. Does that mean about 1,000 men were DQ'ed?! What a cluster...

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, yeah. I am still feeling pretty raw, because my full-send run on Saturday exceeded my expectations and was so hard. To think that was a throw-away is really discouraging.

I could probably borrow back my old KICKR from my neighbor to do the event this weekend, but I probably won't. Unless I cool down enough.

Like you, I briefly thought about buying a new trainer ASAP. (Though, having a fairly new Neo 2 is dumb to throw away.) But, there is no inventory.

Having had a KICKR and now have a Neo, I can highly recommend the KICKR. I had the last loud version, and it was flawless.

Edit: I just went to the FB page, and that H3 guy posted his DQ comment on like every recent post in the group. Kind of funny, but I hope he gets attention.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jun 11, 20 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VR Champion Series for WC slots, first "official" results in and already BS [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lock_N_Load wrote:
Holy crap, am I reading these e-mails from Ironman VC right. If you see the Men's results in the online engine it says that there were about 1,600 men that finished, however the official PDF document they sent out this morning with official finishers says only 651 men finished. Does that mean about 1,000 men were DQ'ed?! What a cluster...

The PDF results were rewarding only the top 50 in each age group. For mine, 40-44, cutoff was 1:58min. Since I finished in 2 hours flat its as if my race didnt count towards the challenge, oh well. Amazing how many of you guys can run sub 6 min mile 10ks. I dont have a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha yeah there is an H3 guy, and I'm replying to him about my H1. And the 4th overall F chimed in and said she was DQ'd with her H2... Definitely something with Hammer's going wrong. Enough so that it seems like they need to fix it.

Also there are some Tacx Neo issues. Seems like they randomly selected which ones are okay vs not, even though their accuracy is all basically identical.

I really hope they keep tabs on comments there or here. I'm sure some of them do. I'm not shocked the first go was glitchy but they really need to course correct to keep our faith.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They need to sort this out fairly quickly or they will lose a big chunk of the people this weekend. I emailed them twice today (including once very early this morning) and no response. They reported 2,051 finishers in the champion series division, but only 834 (651 male and 183 female) in the official results. That means they disqualified more than 59% of those finishers. I am not sure the series is viable if only 834 people are included. If you factor in you have to finish 3 out of 4 races, that number may drop even lower by the end since no all of the 834 are likely to do 3 or more races..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enquired with Rouvy got told my trainer is not listed, I’m using a Hammer H2 waiting for a relpy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a human response to my "contact us" webform post to the Sport Heroes site early this morning. I responded to that to clarify the problem and have not heard back. I got an automated response to my ironmanvr email also. So, I know I am in their system, and at least one human has read my comments.

Regarding the total # of official results, CP78 above clarified that... The official results only list the top 50 in each AG. What is a bit disconcerting is that there were only 426 total female finishers-- I would have thought there would have been more than just 25% of male participants.

I did not think about pinging Rouvy too. I am emailing them next.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well my wife rode on a Hammer H1 as well and came well within the to 20 for her AG, so that's one more that should be on the list at least.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you have a much better case than me. I am seeing multiple comments about all the Hammer trainers getting omitted, so it looks like a general technical error. You are eligible, so yours should be corrected. I am in a nasty area... mine is not on their list at all. But, I have seen multiple OG Neo and Neo 2T people that were successful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It just seems like they randomly picked the Neo trainers that counted... I also feel bad for people in your position because it's rather nonsensical for them to exclude you in this.

Quote Reply

Prev Next