Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman VC / VR Questions:
Quote | Reply
For anyone doing these "races", do you fully understand how you should verify the swim? The website states you can either open water swim or pool swim. That's cool. But, it also says you must use a tracking watch and use GPS mode. That just won't work for an indoor pool. There is also a reference to someone "verifying" your swim and even shooting a ?video? of you doing the swim to demonstrate it's actually you and that you put away the arm floaties.

For someone that has done a race already, can you help verify the swim portion issues I mentioned above? Do you go into "pool swim" mode and then list the pool length prior to starting the swim portion for credit?

Thanks, Brian

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VC / VR Questions: [osugasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a Garmin watch and they accepted it. I have a ton of Ironman races and my times are comparable. I just figured if they asked for a video, they could DQ me. I did take photos of my weight to compare my stated one on Rouvy. They never asked for that either.
I did qualify for Worlds in VR.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VC / VR Questions: [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl, thanks for the reply. Jusy for clarification, did you swim pool and use lap pool mode or did you use a pool and have the watch in GPS mode? Was it an indoor pool if you used GPS mode?

Thanks, Brian

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman VC / VR Questions: [osugasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was an outdoor pool and I used a lap mode.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply