Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Tulsa May 2021--Lodging
Quote | Reply
Looking for some inside knowledge on the best place to stay for Ironman Tulsa 2021
Last edited by: MadisonMan: Jul 17, 20 16:47
Quote Reply
Re: Tulsa May 2021--Lodging [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea where the race takes place relative to downtown, etc., but when I used to go there on business, my favorite hotel was the Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa May 2021--Lodging [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would avoid downtown. Stay someone where closer to midtown or off of 75. Tulsa is not a big city you can get down town from pretty much anywhere in 15-20 min.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Tulsa May 2021--Lodging [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T2 is at OSU Tulsa and the finish line is at Guthrie Green, which is about a half mile walk between the two. I would personally stay as close to those two areas as possible and be able to walk back to the hotel following the race. You won't need to go anywhere race day and will be able to get around the day before and after easily. Downtown Tulsa is not a busy area, although race weekend it will be, but the benefit of staying downtown is that you can walk to plenty of restaurants and the race venue will have plenty of whatever you may need if you forgot something. Your best bets for hotels (if they aren't sold out), Fairfield downtown will be the closest, Hotel Indigo, which is fairly new, and Holiday Inn Express. Then there are several others within downtown that are still walking distance, a mile or so out from OSU Tulsa. The Mayo Hotel is nice boutique hotel with a rooftop bar. The rooms are more like suites with a kitchen in the room. But I would personally stay downtown. I prefer to be able to walk to transition area to drop off my bike and the convention area. If you have a spouse or family joining you, they will need to make the drive out to the lake if they want to watch the swim and then will have plenty of time to get back to the hotel and walk over to T2. Then it's about 2.5 miles from T2 down to Riverside trail where they can watch you make the loop on the run before headed back to watch the finish.
Quote Reply