Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Cufe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cufe wrote:
This topic keeps coming up, and I just can't help tossing this one out (again)....there are two types of Ironman athletes; those with a tattoo, and those that don't need one....

I think you're right. Why don't you tattoo that quote on your back??? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [edtlonsway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edtlonsway wrote:
I'll get right on that Ingrid. Thanks so much for your valuable insight. Maybe between cleaning houses you can post a more thoughful response.
I take it a reaction from me was not expected an find it interesting how you have scrounged around to find my name. I love you! Let me know if you want a discount because I am willing to help a fellow poster on a deep cleaning. Alright, enough of the crap and hijacking of a thread. Enjoy the holidays and yourself.

Quote | Reply
dubyakay wrote:
For the record, I have no desire to point out that I don't need one.

And then there are the people who need to point out that they don't need to point out that they don't need one. <head shake> sheesh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can eat 21 plus a deep-fried turkey!"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Mr. Blonde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is GOLD!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Demerly wrote:
Before you get any tattoo consider that it is something you will still hve when you are 50, 60, 70 years old. Will you still want it then? If so- proceed. If in doubt, perhaps better to wait.

Good advice. Maybe it is because I am a Baby Boomer (i.e. old fart) but I have never seen a tattoo which I thought looked good on anyone. IMO, most of them are hideous and they certainly will not get better with age.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Cufe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
This topic keeps coming up, and I just can't help tossing this one out (again)....there are two types of Ironman athletes; those with a tattoo, and those that don't need one....

I think you mean there are two kinds of people. People who believe everyone should live by my standards and everyone else. Of course everyone else is wrong.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spot on.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Mr. Blonde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never figured you for one of those persons who just wants to pick on people who need to point out that they don't need to point out that they don't need one.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Last edited by: dubyakay: Dec 23, 10 13:40
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or you can get it when you are 50!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [edtlonsway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well said

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [agegrouptri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a thought.
I raced in Kona this year and race week i estimate less than 10% who were wearing race bands (2010 competitors) had tattoos.
Not sure if those that qualified are a true representation of the 40,000+ who raced world wide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [dubyakay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dubyakay wrote:
I never figured you for one of those persons who just wants to pick on people who need to point out that they don't need to point out that they don't need one.

Brilliant!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can eat 21 plus a deep-fried turkey!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My compression socks cover up the M Dot tattoo on my calf .... 2 ST fashion faux pas -- however, one gets negated :)

You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [jeffab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffab wrote:
This thread is OLD!

I fixed it for you.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.flickr.com/...ironmate/5270995528/

Critique the bike position...
Last edited by: Frenchman: Dec 23, 10 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [dubyakay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dubyakay wrote:
For the record, I have no desire to point out that I don't need one.

Maybe because you already have :-)

"I have no tattoo's, but if you get one suggest either 1) something that indirectly represents the IM event or 2) if you get the IM logo, do something a little unique with it instead of the straight black or black & red.

On my tattoo, I walked into the shop and started asking about it. It was only going to be $60, but the guy started explaning about going under the skin, not being able to get it wet for two weeks, possible infection, etc. and I said the hell with it. I went on-line and found a Polynesian Warrior sticker for my SUV and am content with that.
"

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Frenchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frenchman wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ironmate/5270995528/

Critique the bike position...

Tattoo and bike position are terrible

"I play real sports, I am not trying to be the best at exercising." Kenny Powers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you want to get a tattoo relating to triathlon, why does it have to be the m-dot? be a little more creative

Team RF 2011
http://www.teamrunningfree.com

all damn day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have scars on my body that are better than tats - they are better because they actually have a story behind them.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
agegrouptri wrote:
Hi
Thanks they are brilliant, lots of different ones, girlfriend thinks they are great although she still does not want me to get a tattoo.

You have got a smart girlfriend. I have posted before, those tattoos are tapped and played out. That m-dot means nothing. A triathlon of any distance takes work and the longer distances requires even more work but with so many doing them, they are just races and nothing more. To do and finish and Ironman is an accomplishment but a silly corporate logo inked on ones body should not be the symbol of it.

Like it or not, that "silly corporate logo" IS the symbol of Ironman. One cannot argue otherwise. The M-Dot is the symbol of Ironman, period.

I do not have an M-Dot, although I do have a lot of ink, including "140.6" with stick figure swim/bike/run under it. But, I see no issue with getting an M-Dot.

Hell, most of us wear our Ironman crap a lot of the time. I use my IM finisher hats as my running hats. How is this any different?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YaHey wrote:
I have scars on my body that are better than tats - they are better because they actually have a story behind them.

Given the choice, I would trade my shrapnel scars for an M-dot tat, if it meant I didn't get hit. Not all stories are good.

(Yes, I have done an IM, no I don't have an IM tat)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YaHey wrote:

yeah, because an M-dot tattoo, or any tattoo for that matter, probably has no story behind it. Think about what you wrote. Sense....it makes none. It's sweet when people ask about my chain ring scar and I tell them about one of the hundreds of times I crashed on my mountain bike. Awesome story.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [jeffab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffab wrote:
My mom has a tattoo that reads:

"Son"

You are the most interesting man on earth.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use my IM finisher hats as my running hats. How is this any different?

Ummm...you can take your hat off?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [sevans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sevans wrote:
I use my IM finisher hats as my running hats. How is this any different?

Ummm...you can take your hat off?

Did you really miss my point? Seriously? Do I need to type slower next time?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply

Prev Next