Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds
Quote | Reply
My wife purchased a performance t shirt from the Ironman Store for me and we received it on Valentine's Day. I had to exchange it for another size and the Ironman Store received the exchange on February 25. They say it takes approximately 2-3 weeks to process exchanges/refunds (this alone is pretty excessive in the world of 2 day shipping). Today is March 29, and we still haven't received the exchanged item. To make matters worse, when you call the store you receive an automated message with a voicemail. They do not return messages. In addition, I sent an email last Friday and haven't heard squat.

It also took them a week to issue a RMA# to even begin the return process. That should have taken 30 seconds via Live Chat (if they had it). They have to have the worst customer service of any company. If that is your business model, then some changes are necessary. Ironman is making a killing on this merchandise worldwide and they can't even practice basic customer service principles.

I'd be happy with an order status update email. That would at least let me know they're processing the order.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a very similar experience. I ordered a finishers tee (still wondering if I wasn’t supposed to get one when I finished) and the collar was frayed so I returned it for an exchange. After a few weeks I inquired about an update and they said they were having issues since I didn’t indicate which size (it was included in the RMA form) so I told them, they asked again, I told them again. Then nothing for a few weeks. I had almost forgotten about it and then saw that 3 weeks was up so I emailed asking for an update and finally got a response that something inexplicable had happened and the order was voided. I asked did this mean I was or was not going to receive my shirt, to which they simply replied with the same answer. How hard is it to see I want a shirt you have in stock that I have already paid for and send it, moreover if I hadn't asked for an update would you have just kept my $$ and never sent the shirt? I asked for someone to call me and never heard back so I started calling the customer service number every time I thought about it and finally got a real person on my 8th try (yes I looked at my phone records). I got a very helpful person who had my shirt shipped out overnight the same day. I placed my original order on 12/17/16, and finally got my shirt delivered on 3/4/2017. My advice is to call like I did until you finally get someone, waiting on an email response got me nowhere. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds [cdub147] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to hear someone had a similar experience. It's unbelievable that it took over three months to simply exchange a basic item. That level of incompetence is unparalleled. Hopefully, I'll have better luck, but so far it's not looking that way. It does make you wonder if they would just pocket the money and not process the order. Nothing would surprise me. If they are understaffed, then I'm not sure why they wouldn't hire some additional people. This stuff is retail 101. With the amount of crap they sell and the cost, you would think that they could manage simple returns and exchanges in a timely manner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:
.....This stuff is retail 101.....

This may be true, but guess what business Ironman is in........Endurance sports production. Not retail.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate to say it but I am having the exact same experience. The Ironmanstore is hands down the worst customer service experience I've had online. Trying to return a hoodie that is way bigger than its size would suggest, and I've had zero responses from numerous emails and daily calls to that clearly unmonitored phone number.

If I ever think about ordering anything from Ironman again, I hope someone will punch me in the face first to remind me what kind of experience I can expect!

I'm going to mail the item back and file a dispute with my credit card company and let them sort it out I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds [heliskyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They don't put in any effort because they don't need to. They can have no customer service and we'll still line up to spend $800 on a race, and buy overpriced shitty made in China merchandise from the tent you have to walk through after packet pickup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same problem. Needed to exchange medium for small. Got the RMA number right away but they took so long processing 3 weeks I changed addresses. 10 emails, bunch phone calls finally they shipped it to the wrong address. Lucky I track it to my old post office and they forward it. Forget exchange ask for money back and reorder.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
mwanner1 wrote:

This may be true, but guess what business Ironman is in........Endurance sports production. Not retail.

You sure? I would be curious to know how much they make off the brand name (watches, cars, mattresses etc) and if you have ever seen the store at the expo you might change your mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
mwanner1 wrote:

You sure? I would be curious to know how much they make off the brand name (watches, cars, mattresses etc) and if you have ever seen the store at the expo you might change your mind.

I've done 5 Ironman races and 5 IM 70.3 races. I've seen the expo.....and they are waaaaaaayyyyyy better at race production than they are at retail.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have returned a wetsuit bought from IRONMANSTORE and requested for a refund. Having same experience. They don't answer calls (Goes straight to voicemail), no response to emails, its close to a month and the refund is not processed. What should i do? Any ideas? Appreciate your help. I see there is ironman help center where a ticket was raised about refund, they closed the ticket (As solved) without processing refund. I have raised another ticket following up on the closed request and it was assigned to someone but there's no response. Did i just lose $500? Are they going to refund at some point? Did you guys get refund, exchange/returns at all?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds [eswar999sg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chargeback.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Store Exchanges/Refunds [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long after chargeback, my funds to appear in my account. Does it take long time? Or is it better to wait for a refund. I would like to go for this option if anybody has similar experience of not getting refund and the only way is to dispute the transaction to get money back. Please advise.

Thanks!
Quote Reply