Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Race Day Bags - Please Share Your Best Kept Secrets! (IMTX PreP) [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Keep it simple - live off the course. Do not complicate your day.

You do realize you're posting on a message board of neurotic triathletes, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Race Day Bags - Please Share Your Best Kept Secrets! (IMTX PreP) [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
david wrote:
Keep it simple - live off the course. Do not complicate your day.

You do realize you're posting on a message board of neurotic triathletes, right?

Hey - I resemble that remark! It took me time, but I carry so little stuff to the race . . . and usually arrive somewhat late. Perhaps it is my simple mind.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Race Day Bags - Please Share Your Best Kept Secrets! (IMTX PreP) [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SN1- extra tube and C02 (since I have 808s and need a removable valve which they don't always have on course); extra gels and salt table because I have a tendency to accidentally drop things. A JIC Zantac (my stomach hates me).

SN2- JIC Zantac and Imodium (once again, my stomach hates me).

I never plan on stopping for special needs bags and a lot of times...never do. But I like having some emergency stuff in there just in case things don't go my way.

I LOVE the prior idea of the gift cards! Never thought of that....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Race Day Bags - Please Share Your Best Kept Secrets! (IMTX PreP) [swimswam1003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Renting 808’s and a disc, what do I need for the valve?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Race Day Bags - Please Share Your Best Kept Secrets! (IMTX PreP) [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of great tips in here!

Keep it simple, pack what you think you need and improvise with aid stations if needed.

As a side note, do they have bananas at every aid station?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Race Day Bags - Please Share Your Best Kept Secrets! (IMTX PreP) [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need tubes with a removable valve. I buy these off Amazon: Continental Race 28 700c x 18-25 Bike Tubes (5 Pack) - 60mm Presta Valve. You also need valve extensions and a little wrench to take the valve off and on. Sometimes the rental wheels come with the annoying extension (one without the valve) so I would recommend buying the good ones before you go. Note: I carry both types with me just in case I need to borrow a normal spare instead. I have pasted examples below so you can see what they generally look like.

Wrench: Zipp Tangente valve wrench set Tangente extensions https://www.amazon.com/...cp_api_uZl1Ab5H41KQ3

Annoying extension for a non-removable valve: Zipp Valve Extension Black 48mm For 60/404 (use With Threaded Presta Valve): Bla https://www.amazon.com/...cp_api_b0l1AbX59X5NX

Preferred extension: Zipp Tangente valve extension, 27mm (303) - each https://www.amazon.com/...cp_api_r1l1AbW2P8KHQ
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Race Day Bags - Please Share Your Best Kept Secrets! (IMTX PreP) [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something that would've helped me a ton in Louisville and might be relevant in TX because of the crazy storm two years ago and last year's cold front is to keep some cheap gloves and a garbage bag fashioned into a poncho in your run special needs. Freezing my ass off slowed me down a lot.
Quote Reply

Prev Next