Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Organization
Quote | Reply
Any else getting taken to the cleaners by this organization? They may be able to steal my registration for this upcoming race that they are not holding, but I will never register for another Ironman sanctioned event.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Organization [KaliTom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KaliTom wrote:
Any else getting taken to the cleaners by this organization? They may be able to steal my registration for this upcoming race that they are not holding, but I will never register for another Ironman sanctioned event.

Overreacting much?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KaliTom wrote:

I guess everyone's situation is different.........my understanding is that races in general do not offer refunds as part of the agreement you sign when you register.
I was registered for both Mont Tremblant events, my 70.3 entry has been rolled to next year, and I suspect the same will happen with the full Ironman entry, and I'm fine with that. And if I weren't, they seem to be offering a decent size list of alternate races to pick from.
Aside from being disappointed about the race season being cancelled, I don't feel I really have anything to complain about with regards to how WTC is handling things.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: May 5, 20 10:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Organization [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What makes you think you are the only one impacted by races being reschedule, cancelled, or postponed?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Organization [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
KaliTom wrote:

I guess everyone's situation is different.........my understanding is that races in general do not offer refunds as part of the agreement you sign when you register.
I was registered for both Mont Tremblant events, my 70.3 entry has been rolled to next year, and I suspect the same will happen with the full Ironman entry, and I'm fine with that. And if I weren't, they seem to be offering a decent size list of alternate races to pick from.
Aside from being disappointed about the race season being cancelled, I don't feel I really have anything to complain about with regards to how WTC is handling things.

100 percent agree - most of us aimlessly click on the agreement/statements in Active.com when we sign up accepting the terms and conditions. Is there improvement WTC can make? Of course, but I highly doubt their professional development roadmap for 2020 had "COVID-19 Response" in there any where.

To give a deferral, where applicable, and a handful of other options - I would say they are doing a decent job. We are all in this together - I've had 4 races postponed/cancelled at this point, but guess what, I still sleep soundly at night.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First World problems.....

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toL1tXrLA1c

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will not find many on this site supporting your position, Ironman can do no wrong to many here no matter what they do. I’ve always treated them like Microsoft, don’t particularly like them but what choice do you have. At the beginning of this pandemic I was actually very sympathetic with their plight, but after seeing how other organizations handled their races (in terms of communication, options, etc.) now come to the sad understanding that IM could really care less about us, it seems the actions they have been taking puts their profits first, participants have to take whatever is offered.
I love racing, but won’t be doing another IM. Those who love IM, just be willing to pay more for the favor of being their participants, you know it’s coming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're not the best, and not the worst. But they are the only IM brand in the world. There are many other races to choose from. If this is all you have to complain about right now, you are living a charmed life. Most of us are just happy to be alive, healthy, and the fittest people in the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Organization [mtschnur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtschnur wrote:
They're not the best, and not the worst. But they are the only IM brand in the world. There are many other races to choose from. If this is all you have to complain about right now, you are living a charmed life. Most of us are just happy to be alive, healthy, and the fittest people in the world.

Oh man,so close....You had me with you all the way until those last seven words of self appointed,Instagram worthy hyperbole..
Quote Reply