Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call
Quote | Reply
We are at T-10 days away from the North America Season Opener*!!

Who's coming? What are your expectations?

This is my 4th year in the sport, but it'll be my 2nd attempt at this distance, last year's Oceanside being the first where I went 5:23.

I trained less hours than last year, but I think I had better quality workouts on the bike especially. I've also lost 12lbs compared to last year's race, I'm now 162lbs, and with the power I've been putting out I'm looking at a faster bike split compared to last year.

I don't think I'm capable of going under 5 hours on this course this year, but if I can go 5:10, I'll be very very happy.

Who's next?

*Note: Campeche 70.3 was two weeks ago, and it is in North America too.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't Puerto Rico also in North America?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Isn't Puerto Rico also in North America?

A quick read in wikipedia says no.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there too! It's my 10th year in the sport, but 2nd year as an elite. This will be my sixth time doing the distance, third in an IM branded 70.3, and first time lining up with the big boys.

Hoping for a top 15 finish in the pro field this year if things go well, but I'm happy to just have the experience. Training was going great but I got a little too overzealous trying get to race weight and ended up losing 10lbs (175 to 165) in 2 months, and I think the lack of nutrition caused some IT band issues forcing me to dial it back for most of March. The pressure to perform well and not embarrass myself in front of the top guys got to me haha.

Really looking forward to being in California though! I just love the atmosphere of giant races like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Isn't Puerto Rico also in North America?


A quick read in wikipedia says no.

Wiki begs to differ. At a minimum, just look to the map of North America on their page and see that PR is green.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_America
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. 7th go at Oceanside. This was my first half 12 years ago.

Expectations, everyone's got them but mine are fairly low. I have a dream time goal but not gonna mention it in case I crash and burn and y'all say "wtf was he thinking?". I've been doing some new things in training after 10 plus years of the same old, interested to see if the results change. I am going to focus on the process and let the results happen. Kumba-freaking-yah

Early days yet, but weather seems to be cooperating, little bit of west wind making the last 10 miles fun :)
Last edited by: ChrisM: Mar 27, 19 13:13
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Isn't Puerto Rico also in North America?


A quick read in wikipedia says no.


Wiki begs to differ. At a minimum, just look to the map of North America on their page and see that PR is green.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_America

Yeah, sorry.. I did a quick read and just saw the part where they mentioned Canada, USA, and Mexico.. but you are right.. Puerto Rico IS North American too.

I guess Ironman reaaally wants to make Oceanside EXTRA special.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First attempt at Oceanside. Second branded 70.3. This is the year of 70.3's.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First time back at Triathlon in almost 8 years. Have finished Oceanside before going just under 5hrs. Hoping to be around the 4:40 range but we will see how the run goes. I have been focusing on cycling primarily since my last triathlon so I am thinking cruise the bike and survive the run...
This is my home town, where I live and work, so I am super excited to race again and really hoping for a surf start.

-MT
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. I have this habit of getting sick 2 weeks before the race. And it usually lasts 2 weeks that I'm sick.

So, I'll be sick for the race.

Right now, I'm just hoping to make the start line.

If I make the start line, I'm just hoping to finish.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [Pro_Sandbagger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro_Sandbagger wrote:
I'll be there. I have this habit of getting sick 2 weeks before the race. And it usually lasts 2 weeks that I'm sick.

So, I'll be sick for the race.

Right now, I'm just hoping to make the start line.

If I make the start line, I'm just hoping to finish.

Sounds like you're sandbagging.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
Pro_Sandbagger wrote:
I'll be there. I have this habit of getting sick 2 weeks before the race. And it usually lasts 2 weeks that I'm sick.

So, I'll be sick for the race.

Right now, I'm just hoping to make the start line.

If I make the start line, I'm just hoping to finish.


Sounds like you're sandbagging.

I haven't even been training at all this year.

Also, the brakes on my bike are rubbing and I can't seem to fix it so I'll just have to deal with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be there. First time racing Oceanside. Looking forward to it.

Team Every Man Jack. Use code: BMANCINI19 to save 25% online.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brianmancini/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Oceanside 70.3 2019 - Roll Call [harshc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
harshc wrote:
First attempt at Oceanside. Second branded 70.3. This is the year of 70.3's.

How did it go?
Quote Reply