Best IM finish short of Kona

Great Race

Re: Ironman Louisville thoughts ? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville thoughts ? [100dupont] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nasty water to swim in. Many people got sick this year after the practice swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ist IM and loved it. Cool city, easy to navigate to host hotel and all around. I liked the swim for the most part and thought the water was fine.Not sure how people got sick, Im guessing stomach issues? Bike was hot and hilly. The BAMF's will call it rolling.....I call it hill after hill after hill. Mostly small ones but constant. The first 10 miles are flat so its nice to ease into the ride after the swim. Run was hot as hell but flat. Nothing really great to look at on the run once you get away from downtown. The finish was great. Felt like a rockstar for about 60 seconds of my life running through that finish and this was at 11 at night. Really cool! Would love to do it again.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville thoughts ? [Pharmguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know many people who have done Louisville. I will be doing it in 2013. I know several people who have gotten sink from the swim. My buddies who did it in 2012 talked about the water quality even though they did not get sick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was my first IM event also this year. I thought the bike was fairly flat if you take the a amount of hills over 112 miles. Run was flat also and they had a ton of ice which allowed me to stay cool.
The people were pretty nice and the volunteers are top notch. I thought the swim was nice once you got out of the starting channel.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville thoughts ? [Rowleska] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the comments it is either Louisville or back to placid to conquer it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim: start earlier.. I thought starting late would allow me to draft a Lot and then slingshot the bike..but no, the channel gets clogged up.. Start early

Bike: it's hills are all relative to what you train on.. Save yourself for last 20 miles back

Run: flat and kinda boring. Passing infront of the finish to start lap 2 is awful!!! If you can pace the first half and keep running the 2nd half you'll be one of few... It gets hot and people blow up!!

Volunteers: first class.. Awesome!!

Finish: amazing!! Street is lined with people a mile out

Recommended: absolutely

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have done 5 Ims and this year was the first time doing Louisville. It may have become my favorite race. I love this race - awesome city, too.
The race itself is all about pacing and nutrition. Nail those and you'll do fine regardless of the heat.

Great venue, great course, awesome volunteers, and all around well done. If I could change one thing, it would be to somehow figure out a way to have a mass start, but other than that, I HIGHLY recommend this one.
Quote Reply