Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Hawaii wheel advice
Quote | Reply
I know this is the least of my worries,but can anyone help me with a wheel selection? I was picked in the lottery and there are so many things running through my head.I have a set of 650 zipp 400's,and I am thinking of buying a zipp 303 for the front to help with the crosswinds that I hear about.I am 5'8 150lbs.What should I do?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii wheel advice [dt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You certainly can't go wrong with a 303 front wheel and a 400 rear. Congratulations on being selected. Train smart and enjoy a great day in Kona!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corima's Ul Carbon front, Four spoke rear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say that the 400 (404?) would be a great rear choice, and the 303 front would be fine. In 2001 (the winds from HELL!!), I rode a Hed3 rear and a Hed Alps front, and even at 6'1" and ~180, I was knocked around, big time. If I had that day over, I'd have gone with a shallower rim section wheel on the front. The Alps is about the same as the 404, so the 303 should be better, but I would have liked something even shallower that day. I've also done it on very shallow wheels, like standard training/roadie 32 spoke wheels, and in winds not quite as bad, still had moments. I noticed a good number of pros ride wheels like that (Hellrigel, for example). I think you're thinking in the right direction. Just enjoy the process. Hopefully, we'll see you there.
Quote Reply