Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Florida Nutrition Report - 8:15:59 (1st Place O'all) [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the very thorough reply Brian. Very impressive!

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Nutrition Report - 8:15:59 (1st Place O'all) [Fred Doucette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw this and thought of James' nutrition report.
http://tv.gawker.com/...l-for-the-first-time

"on downhill bits I can sometimes attack without pedaling =)

it is the uphill bits that are hard though" Jackmott
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Nutrition Report - 8:15:59 (1st Place O'all) [usairl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks on the "Redbull Energy Shots." They give the perfect boost for me . . .I've started to add them to my EFS flask to thin it out even more for the run. I've also added to my bike flasks hehe :)

I'm red hot and ready for next race :)))))
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Nutrition Report - 8:15:59 (1st Place O'all) [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump bump bump
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Nutrition Report - 8:15:59 (1st Place O'all) [wiggle pig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Id be interested in Post Race nutrition also...

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Nutrition Report - 8:15:59 (1st Place O'all) [sesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to bother with this question...Im a little confused with the "blue bottle" on his bike. Did he mix all 12 gel's, water, and powder and sip on it throughout the ride? Does the powerbar gel mix with the water?... Thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is he sponsored by POWERBAR?
Nothing on his clothing or anything I see on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Nutrition Report - 8:15:59 (1st Place O'all) [HiKai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what kind of poptarts where they.... the frosted ones have the worst ingredient
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the 500+ cal/hr on the bike didn't finish me, the 380 cal/hr on the run would make me a lock for a DNF, but it obviously works for James. As mentioned, trial and error is the only sure way to determine what works for each individual. Thanks for taking the time to post this information.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Nutrition Report - 8:15:59 (1st Place O'all) [chausman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to bother with this question...Im a little confused with the "blue bottle" on his bike. Did he mix all 12 gel's, water, and powder and sip on it throughout the ride? Does the powerbar gel mix with the water?... Thanks for the feedback!

• Yes, the (12) PowerBar Gels, Ironman Perform & water were all put in that single blue bottle to create a concentrated, 1460 calorie bottle
  • This is not an uncommon strategy & pro Ian Mikelson (among others) used a very similar strategy in Kona last weekend (he PR’d w/ an 8:48 – his race recap is posted HERE).

• No.

• I have no idea, but I’m fairly certain whether they did or didn’t have frosting, had no impact on his success that day.

If the 500+ cal/hr on the bike didn't finish me, the 380 cal/hr on the run would make me a lock for a DNF, but it obviously works for James. As mentioned, trial and error is the only sure way to determine what works for each individual. Thanks for taking the time to post this information.

• x2 There are athletes who are equally successful on dramatically different nutritional strategies & whenever we post these details, it should simply be looked at as what a potential option could be & not necessarily what you should do, when developing your own plan.

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrianPBN wrote:

• Yes, the (12) PowerBar Gels, Ironman Perform & water were all put in that single blue bottle to create a concentrated, 1460 calorie bottle
  • This is not an uncommon strategy & pro Ian Mikelson (among others) used a very similar strategy in Kona last weekend (he PR’d w/ an 8:48 – his race recap is posted HERE).

• No.

• I have no idea, but I’m fairly certain whether they did or didn’t have frosting, had no impact on his success that day.

• x2 There are athletes who are equally successful on dramatically different nutritional strategies & whenever we post these details, it should simply be looked at as what a potential option could be & not necessarily what you should do, when developing your own plan.

---

but it could be on recovery post races, as ldl levels are raised to repair damaged veins, but you are repairing with plaque from the junk food... miniscule, but something to be aware of in the long run
Quote Reply

Prev Next