Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Florida Accommodations and Enhanced Package
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations for accommodations in Panama City for Ironman Florida? Decent motel close to the event.
Also does anyone have any feedback on the enhanced athlete event experience package?

Thanks
Last edited by: Mniels: Feb 2, 23 11:43
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Accommodations and Enhanced Package [Mniels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.calypsotowersresort.com/

Right next to transition, swim start, and finish.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Accommodations and Enhanced Package [Mniels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hate to be this guy, but there are many threads about this if you search around.

I did it in 2021, there's no shortage of awesome airbnb's in the condos all along the beach if you search there. i ended up just picking the one that fit our budget and bedroom needs, we had plenty of choices that were within reasonable walking distance from the pier/transition. as mentioned above, calypso is commonly cited as the best/closest but there are tons that are in walking distance.

good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Accommodations and Enhanced Package [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the place to be. Thanks!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mniels wrote:
Any recommendations for accommodations in Panama City for Ironman Florida? Decent motel close to the event.
Also does anyone have any feedback on the enhanced athlete event experience package?

Thanks

Calypso or Aqua or Pier Park. Word of caution - these are somewhat older buildings and some units have weird issues like noises from the roof vents, etc.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Accommodations and Enhanced Package [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calypso Tower 3 is brand new.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Accommodations and Enhanced Package [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at traveling to this race from UK ,after thoughts on NOT hiring a car & thoughts on best location without a car & only arriving a few days before event & staying a few days after
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Accommodations and Enhanced Package [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get by in Panama City Beach without a car. The area near the race site has plenty of places to stay and eat within walking distance. Are you flying into the Panama City airport? Obviously, you will need to get from airport to where you’ll be staying.

My only caveat is that PCB is a ghost town that time of year. There won’t be much to do and the November date doesn’t really make it typical beach weather. It could be 40 or 80 degrees.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
You can get by in Panama City Beach without a car. The area near the race site has plenty of places to stay and eat within walking distance. Are you flying into the Panama City airport? Obviously, you will need to get from airport to where you’ll be staying.

My only caveat is that PCB is a ghost town that time of year. There won’t be much to do and the November date doesn’t really make it typical beach weather. It could be 40 or 80 degrees.

thanks for that never thought of not much to do around november time ,may have to re think this one
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida Accommodations and Enhanced Package [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I wouldn’t build a vacation around PCB in November. The place is hopping during the summer. Not so much in November.

Quote Reply