Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman FOTW Award
Quote | Reply
Good Afternoon. Question.
For several years, ROKA has been sponsering the FOTW, first out of the water, award at North America Ironmans.
The only thing I do even remotely well(and still not all that fast) in this sport is swim. The last two years, however, despite being FOTW in 4 separate races, I have not received anything from Ironman regarding this award. A call to Roka says they send a batch of awards over to Ironman, and leave it to them to distribute. Of course we are all familiar with Ironmans stellar and promt response time to athlete services email. Is anyone else having this issue?
I'm out at least $200 in awards. Would help offset a new swimskin i need to purchase.
Any thoughts on next steps?
Cheers,

Rick

Only those who risk going too far can find out how far they can go...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman FOTW Award [strtezbckoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this for pros, are you a pro?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman FOTW Award [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t know if it’s available for pros, but I am not one. Just a lowly 50-54M.

Rick

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO is it age group money they promised, I just have not heard of this award. You need to give us some context to the problem here. Does every age group get money for first out, or is it first AG'er overall, fastest time Pro or AG? What is the contest advertised?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it.
Each age group winner is eligible. Started out $100 a few years ago(2015), but was reduced to $50 for the 2017 season and beyond, if I’m not mistaken. it’s typically noted in the athlete guide, and results are posted a few days after an event. The first couple years, Roka had custom event caps for the winners. Then they went to a simple FOTW logo, and now it’s no acknowledgement at all. Roka still says they support the award, but nothing from Ironman.
Any clearer?

Rick

Maybe you’re not fast enough, Monty😜

Last edited by: strtezbckoff: Jan 16, 20 16:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To further clarify, it’s a gift card for use at Roka.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, that makes sense, so they give out something like 20 to 25 of these certs at each race? I would presume that fastest man and woman, so that would be a lot of gift cards. I would guess that there are at least a few on here that won swims in NA ironmans, maybe they can chime in on whether they got theirs or not too..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not available at all races. If any of the races you did were licensed races, then Roka won't give out the award. I would e-mail the individual races under the contact information on the IM race site. I had to do that once and it was a few weeks later when I got the e-mail.

And thanks for the reminder, I need to follow up with a race from last year.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a $50 gift card to Roka to the fastest men and women out of the water in each AG. Typically its sent via email a few months post race.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got one for Victoria 70.3 this year, but not for Ironman Canada or Ironman Worlds (even though I was first out of the water in my age group at both). Seems like they must randomly pick which races to actually give money out at.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
strtezbckoff wrote:
For several years, ROKA has been sponsering the FOTW, first out of the water, award at North America Ironmans.
The only thing I do even remotely well(and still not all that fast) in this sport is swim. The last two years, however, despite being FOTW in 4 separate races, I have not received anything from Ironman regarding this award. A call to Roka says they send a batch of awards over to Ironman, and leave it to them to distribute. Of course we are all familiar with Ironmans stellar and promt response time to athlete services email. Is anyone else having this issue?
I'm out at least $200 in awards. Would help offset a new swimskin i need to purchase.
Cheers,

Rick

I won 2 of these in 2019 and was emailed codes to the email I have registered with Ironman within a month after the events.

It was nice to be able to use both of them to get a helluva deal on a new swimskin. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
strtezbckoff wrote:
Cheers,

Rick

Open a ticket via Ironman.com. They are usually very responsive.
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First let me say I LOVE Roka. I have lots of their stuff, including sunglasses. All great quality and works well.

I have won at least 3 FOTW since they started doing the awards. One of the first times the award was a wetsuit! I think somewhere along the way a few years ago I got a $100 certificate. Then, I won FOTW at 70.3 Puerto Rico . . . they told me it was only for US races. I explained PR was the US and got no response. My last IM - Choo - I was FOTW I inquired but heard nothing and received nothing. So, I'm not sure what the status is at this point.

I remain a Roka fan.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the athletes I help has received all his for the races he has done. $50.00. Roka .

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman FOTW Award [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the thread where we let everyone know we have won FOTW? 🙋🏼‍♂️🤣

And yes I got an email, actually didn’t know I was fotw until then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that this applies to you, but I think there is also a condition that states you have to finish the race to qualify for the award. So if you are FOTW then DNF halfway through the run, you're not eligible for the award. Just something to keep in mind.

Strava
Quote Reply