Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship
Quote | Reply
I see that Ironman Now is covering Ironman Cork this weekend, rather than covering the Ironman 70.3 European Championship Elsinore. As much as it will be interesting to watch Alistair Brownlee’s first attempt at 140.6, I think the 70.3 European Championship would be much more important and receive the coverage. Apparently, we get to watch 9 hours of Brownlee battling Justin Metzler instead of a championship race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
I see that Ironman Now is covering Ironman Cork this weekend, rather than covering the Ironman 70.3 European Championship Elsinore. As much as it will be interesting to watch Alistair Brownlee’s first attempt at 140.6, I think the 70.3 European Championship would be much more important and receive the coverage. Apparently, we get to watch 9 hours of Brownlee battling Justin Metzler instead of a championship race.

They only cover the 70.3 WC. No other 70.3 WCs, we had this thread/debate about it regarding St. George NA Champs (ETA: It may have been about Oceanside instead or both... can't recall). It is frustrating, it is really only 4 more races and there are definitely IMs they could have left out (ahem Boulder) but oh well.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Last edited by: hadukla: Jun 21, 19 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:

And that will be a battle for 4th because Marino, Brett & Victor will be battling for 1-2-3.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Eu champs elsinore is stacked! Gomez, his buddy, nilssson, von berg and many more!

I believe last year they made independent live coverage, i might be wrong if i hear of any i will post!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That is a great group of athletes! I’d love to watch it.

lassekk wrote:
Yeah, Eu champs elsinore is stacked! Gomez, his buddy, nilssson, von berg and many more!

I believe last year they made independent live coverage, i might be wrong if i hear of any i will post!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Thanks. That is a great group of athletes! I’d love to watch it.

lassekk wrote:

If it is not possible to find better, there is live tracking here: https://live.ultimate.dk/...ignoreuseragent=true
Last edited by: Dane82: Jun 22, 19 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a Belgian I have to throw in Heemeryck. I mean, the guy has won all his Challenge races since Daytona except the championship (where Kienle passed him mostly on pure characters due to having been second all previous times), was with the insane 70.3 WC front group last year and has only this year turned full pro.

Also for Ireland I would never bet against Marino who keeps adding yearly races to his palmares. Like he is collecting them all, sadly except for Kona I guess.
Last edited by: tomdefietsbom: Jun 22, 19 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [tomdefietsbom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do think IM will broadcast the 70.3 event. They did in Dubai in December for the middle East champs...anyhow, if they dont, I appreciate if someone finds a way to watch it...
dont forget about Dapena too. ITU long distance champion 2018,2nd this year after Gomez.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
I do think IM will broadcast the 70.3 event. They did in Dubai in December for the middle East champs...anyhow, if they dont, I appreciate if someone finds a way to watch it...
dont forget about Dapena too. ITU long distance champion 2018,2nd this year after Gomez.

Ironman has a live raceblog: http://m.eu.ironman.com/...rg70.3&year=2019
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [Dane82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dane82 wrote:
juanillo wrote:

Ironman has a live raceblog: http://m.eu.ironman.com/...rg70.3&year=2019

Thank you. No broadcasting...but they do for im cork which has become a duathlon due to the bad weather... I was wondering (same as last weekend)..does anybody in ITU and IM think about setting races in places with such a bad weather? Good point to discuss.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will be interesting to see Kallin on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [Kristoffer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Javi for the win or can Rudy hold him off?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Javi is running a lot faster, 10 sek gap at 14 km... Javi is my bet 😀
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dane82 wrote:
Javi is running a lot faster, 10 sek gap at 14 km... Javi is my bet 😀

Javi lost 27 sec on last segment, now trailing 37 sec behind.
Gonzales is looking really strong, gaining a lot on the two in front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weird splits. Javi has taken 3.5min over the first 10 miles and then suddenly Rudy takes 30 sec on him over 2 k? Now Javi is getting closer again but he is running out of real estate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1.07.45 is impressive. Will be interesting to see if it is short or not when people upload their strava files. Strong performance by Rudy! 1.11.23 on the run to win by 11 sec :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmm, i did see javi having lunch with frank meza last week . . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schnellinger wrote:
Weird splits. Javi has taken 3.5min over the first 10 miles and then suddenly Rudy takes 30 sec on him over 2 k? Now Javi is getting closer again but he is running out of real estate

What happened with Gonzales. 2 km left, he was 1 min behind. Now it looks like DNF
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here we go again. A weird time split and people jump straight to course cutting allegations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schnellinger wrote:

Apparently gomez caught and passed Rudy but stopped with a stitch, and then got going and same again.
Same as worlds last year.
Shame to lose by 11secs after that.

Also - confirmed 21km from a pro file there.
Some legit running going on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'd hoped it was obvious that i was joking. . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Elsinore 70.3 European Championship [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So did I, so many times that I thought it was obvious in another thread. But I am pretty new here.

Didn't know the /pink was required until recently, and tried to skip it this time round, following your lead
Quote Reply