Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Copenhagen: Anne Haug Crushes the Field.
Quote | Reply
Women Top 5

Anne Haug 8:31:32
Camilla Pedersen 8:49:23
Maja Nielsen 9:02:49
Angela Naeth 9:07:28
Michelle Vesterby 9:09:22

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Copenhagen: Anne Haug Crushes the Field. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll help you out, anyone want to know how the race went, you can go here:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Copenhagen_7384.html

Yes quite a performance, she really is a talent in long course too. Will be fun to see what one more year of long focused training has brought her. Unfortunately this awesome time is just a win really without context...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Copenhagen: Anne Haug Crushes the Field. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am posting this mainly so Monty isn’t left hanging as the only poster! Anne Haug is a fantastic athlete, and is one of the only legitimate threats to beat Ryf. She has definitely improved her swim and bike, and already was the best female runner in the sport. So now we will see the all time best swimmer, Lucy, vs the all time best cyclist, Ryf, vs the one of the all time best (and current best) runners, Haug. It is going to be a fantastic race. Here is hoping they are all at their best!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Copenhagen: Anne Haug Crushes the Field. [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All with (unaero) winter shoe covers, little recent run training since injury and a flat tyre.... She rode for a while on the empty tyre but didn't see how/when she fixed it
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Copenhagen: Anne Haug Crushes the Field. [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me throw in Laura Philipp into that list of Ryf challengers. She still flies under the radar for an American audience, because most of her exploits are Europe-based and had to drop out of the two big races she was signed up for so far (Frankfurt 2018, Roth 2019). But she has won a ton of 70.3s and absolutely blitzed her Ironman debut in Barcelona last year (also 8:30ish if I recall corectly). Since then she's qualified for Kona and seems to be just about getting into shape in time for it after her spring injury...

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Copenhagen: Anne Haug Crushes the Field. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well the article fails to say that she run approx 1.24 for the first half and i think she crossed the half way mark earlier than any femele before including wellingtion ( i guess she did shut it down for the worlds )

the think is with her size and itu backround , Nice will suit her to the ground and its very hard not to see her top 3 and a win would not shock me ( she does seem to swim a bit better and she looked realy good on the bike in kopenhagen)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Copenhagen: Anne Haug Crushes the Field. [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flogazo wrote:
Let me throw in Laura Philipp into that list of Ryf challengers. She still flies under the radar for an American audience, because most of her exploits are Europe-based and had to drop out of the two big races she was signed up for so far (Frankfurt 2018, Roth 2019). But she has won a ton of 70.3s and absolutely blitzed her Ironman debut in Barcelona last year (also 8:30ish if I recall corectly). Since then she's qualified for Kona and seems to be just about getting into shape in time for it after her spring injury...

Anne Haug and Laura Philipp will be the ones to watch IMO at Kona (apart from Ryf and Lucy). Its a pity that Anne has been injured for most of the year but she has certainly found her form. If she is no more than 7-8 mins behind Ryf in T2, who knows??
Quote Reply