Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Coeur d'Alene Returns!
Quote | Reply
It's official, CDA City Council has approved Ironman's return to CDA on a three year rotation. Ironman CDA will be in 2021, rotating every three years with the 70.3 falling in the other two years. This is the same situation as StG. The race will return back to the end of June. The full Ironman would be June 27th, 2021, 70.3 on June 26th, 2022 and the 70.3 on June 25th, 2023.

I don’t post enough so my opinions must be considered spam.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Coeur d'Alene Returns! [CDAtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent race, glad to hear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations to Coeur d'Alene!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic news for the community! I think fans and volunteers will be excited to have the full back, especially since it’ll be the NA championship and have a bigger and faster field.

Looking forward to racing it in 2021

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news! I loved the race and town and would travel back there in a heart beat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news! Count me in for 2021!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome news I love that race and am glad it’s back

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update, great news, I will be there...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear! I loved it the year I did it, great venue and awesome community support.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my all-time favorites!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be the first time I have to fly to a race
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Coeur d'Alene Returns! [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the article in this morning's Coeur d'Alene Press:

https://www.cdapress.com/...n_with_full_cda_race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to do this one in 2021 as it would be brand new venue for us East Coasters. But my understanding is that it can be very hot! Any insight to typical weather at the end of June? I am OK with the heat but my husband suffers and I don't want to put him through a hot full Ironman. We are both doing Wales in 2020 and those temps will good for him :-)

Although you can't really trust the weather anymore. It could be 100F or cold and rainy for many US races.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is great news -- cannot wait to sign up.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Coeur d'Alene Returns! [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70Trigirl wrote:

Although you can't really trust the weather anymore. It could be 100F or cold and rainy for many US races.

This.

ETA: Just to be clear, my statement is not a "knock" on CDA. I just wouldn't let weather uncertainty keep me from signing up. Like you said, the weather can be uncertain almost anywhere.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Oct 16, 19 8:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool, may have to put this one on my long range radar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have lived in the Northern Idaho region for 4 years now. That being said it is unlikely that there will be extreme heat that early in the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70Trigirl wrote:
I would love to do this one in 2021 as it would be brand new venue for us East Coasters. But my understanding is that it can be very hot! Any insight to typical weather at the end of June? I am OK with the heat but my husband suffers and I don't want to put him through a hot full Ironman. We are both doing Wales in 2020 and those temps will good for him :-)

I've lived in the area for the entire Ironman Cd'A run (beginning in 2004). Late June temps in Coeur d'Alene can range from the 70s to the low to mid 80s. One year the mercury topped 100 degrees but that was an aberration. I think there have only been two years where the temps were 90 or above. And remember that humidity is low out west, so you don't have to deal with that. Water temps are usually around 60-64 at the end of June.
Last edited by: HaydenHunter: Oct 16, 19 8:35
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Coeur d'Alene Returns! [HaydenHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds very similar to the IM events we did at Whistler this summer. Yes it's dryer too and now I know better to plan accordingly regarding race nutrition.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CDAtri wrote:
It's official, CDA City Council has approved Ironman's return to CDA on a three year rotation. Ironman CDA will be in 2021, rotating every three years with the 70.3 falling in the other two years. This is the same situation as StG. The race will return back to the end of June. The full Ironman would be June 27th, 2021, 70.3 on June 26th, 2022 and the 70.3 on June 25th, 2023.

Sorry if this is a silly question - Will IM Boulder be the third rotating venue in 2022? I was under the impression it would be.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Coeur d'Alene Returns! [unstable1219] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I grew up there and did the race 5 times and I would say only one of those years would NOT be considered hot. And yes, I did the 110 degree race as well. Be ready for anything, but anticipate it will be warmer than you think it should be (well, except the water, that will be colder than you think...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I know which race I'll be doing in 2021.
Quote Reply