Gtjojo189 wrote:
I think i'm in... I officially dub this race IMchoochoo

I fully support this movement!

Head Coach Grn Mchn Multisports Coaching, LLC
http://www.grnmchnmultisports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm stoked. I recently moved away from Chattanooga, but I def consider it to be "home". Couldn't think of a better location, based on the course description, the bike course sounds like it may parallel a lot of the Tour De Cure course if anyone is familiar. Rolling hills, scenic views, good roads, and awesome people. Can't ask for much more.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Point-to-point downstream swim. Sucks for the fast swimmers. Sounds like a super fast course. Kind of a bummer that the bike doesn't have more in it given the hills in the area.

Might also be a good spot for people to KQ considering I doubt many of the faster AGers will be doing both this and Kona.

I would disagree, considering you would have over a year to prepare for Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
dkidwell wrote:
This is exciting news. I would rather have seen it go to Asheville, but it sounds like Chattanooga will be a great venue. I'm just glad they didn't go with another flat, boring coastal race.

The bike course only has 2100 feet of climbing. Over 112 miles, that's basically nothing.

Yea and they claimed Louisville only had 2800, but it felt like a hell of a lot more.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [jrd5497] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, doing the math, it actually ends up being exactly 8 weeks. Not bad at all! Thinking, thinking, thinking...

The cool thing about this, at least from my perspective, is that I didn't know anything about Chattanooga until these rumors started swirling around. It brought Chattanooga to my attention, and now I want to check it out.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is quite cool. Too bad I dont race that distance anymore.

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Point-to-point swim definitely hurts the fishes.

Wondering when signup will open?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [ironeric2010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironeric2010 wrote:

Sept 4, 2013.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [ironeric2010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironeric2010 wrote:

A guestimate as to how much difference this will make for a non-fish swimming in the 1:15 region? This may be a very nice selling point to catch the plane for Chattanooga in 2014.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:
Point-to-point downstream swim. Sucks for the fast swimmers. Sounds like a super fast course. Kind of a bummer that the bike doesn't have more in it given the hills in the area.

Might also be a good spot for people to KQ considering I doubt many of the faster AGers will be doing both this and Kona.

I think he was pointing to the fact that, for the first year at least, the KQ'ers wont do this race and Kona back to back.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they move IMLOU to the spring...tie it into the Derby Festival.....now that would be a party!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool, enjoy all my trips to Chattanooga. 2 Loop bike course is kinda odd to me though

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, we've got IMMOO, IMLOU, so this has to be IMCHOO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to them (even though we lost). It is a great venue and will be a great race!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7ofClubs wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:
dkidwell wrote:
This is exciting news. I would rather have seen it go to Asheville, but it sounds like Chattanooga will be a great venue. I'm just glad they didn't go with another flat, boring coastal race.

The bike course only has 2100 feet of climbing. Over 112 miles, that's basically nothing.

Yea and they claimed Louisville only had 2800, but it felt like a hell of a lot more.

I've done Louisville twice and the elevation is in the mid 4000's. I'm pretty sure the Course profile map only counts the elevation gain per loop.

I know when I was getting ready for CDA this year I realized just before the race that the elevation gain was per lap not total. Its possible it might be 4200 for the course which would be comparable to Louisville. Lots of rollers.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/773280
http://imroycer81.blogspot.com/
teamemj.com
everymanjack.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Joncolby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joncolby wrote:
TylerJ wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

I think he was pointing to the fact that, for the first year at least, the KQ'ers wont do this race and Kona back to back.

Yea, I figured that out now.
I'm an idiot.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
Very cool, enjoy all my trips to Chattanooga. 2 Loop bike course is kinda odd to me though

Sounds like what they call a "lollipop" course. Another similarity to IM Louisville. Go out from downtown, do 2 loops and take the same route back into town.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baboonator wrote:
Well now Setup would really have to pick up Asheville and run an IM distance there, and all that before Sept 4, otherwise I can see this one as my first WTC IM.

I don't like the course, but the proximity makes it a no-brainer.

Setup, PLEASE pick up Asheville, you'll have at least one man there! Make it the Embrunman of the East coast!

Setup owns Savageman as of 2014. So they already have the Embrunman of the East Coast.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [IM_Roycer81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM_Roycer81 wrote:
7ofClubs wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:
dkidwell wrote:

I've done Louisville twice and the elevation is in the mid 4000's. I'm pretty sure the Course profile map only counts the elevation gain per loop.

I know when I was getting ready for CDA this year I realized just before the race that the elevation gain was per lap not total. Its possible it might be 4200 for the course which would be comparable to Louisville. Lots of rollers.

Holy shit. Now I feel like a complete idiot. That makes total sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Setup owns Savageman as of 2014. So they already have the Embrunman of the East Coast.

When did this happen? I hope you guys are able to keep the culture of the race the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Baboonator wrote:
Well now Setup would really have to pick up Asheville and run an IM distance there, and all that before Sept 4, otherwise I can see this one as my first WTC IM.

I don't like the course, but the proximity makes it a no-brainer.

Setup, PLEASE pick up Asheville, you'll have at least one man there! Make it the Embrunman of the East coast!

Was part of the deal that they could not change anything about it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure are a lot of Ironman's out there these days. I guess that's a good thing?

Nothing against this race, great for people in the region. I don't see myself flying in for it for any reason though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No Embrunman is a full distance, so Savageman is not it, regradless of the elevation that is packed in a shorter distance.

And that's not a knock on your race (did you sell it to Setup or? Hopefully it was not a forced decision), as you know I am registered for it this year. But I wanted a hilly course as a first WTC IM as I think it is an advantage for me. I would still pass on this new IM if I know Asheville would put on a full regardless.
Quote Reply

Prev Next