Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [CarolinaLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CarolinaLaw wrote:
I understand this will be a downstream P2P race, but does anyone have an idea whether it'll be wetsuit legal? Umm, just asking for a friend, ya know ...
Based on the water temps at that time of year, it will most likely be wetsuit legal. You never know what the weather will give us. Water temps will most likely be 72-75F, which is a bit warm for a wetsuit, but legal still. When the end of september gets here, we will see what the temps are as a reference point.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I consider the opportunity to register at my leisure prior to open registration a nice perk. Absolutely zero concerns about Active.com crashing, network reliability, or the event potentially closing out in 5min. I recieved a registration link late last week and took care of business over the weekend - no stress or anxiety over getting into my one and only A-race for 2014 and no need for a "Plan B" - a.k.a Florida, Wisconsin, Tahoe, or Arizona...none of which are as ideal for me as IMChooChoo.

One negative consequence I see of this team benefit in the future is that now people will start joining a team simply as another way to get an angle on registration. I'd like to see teams institute some sort of waiting period before being eligible for this type of perk - must be ana ctive member for at least 6 months or something of that sort. I guess that's up to the individual teams though. I also have no idea how WTC sees this program unfolding in the future. I'm grateful to have the opportunity on this first offering before the cat was out of the bag and things start to get complicated.

Jaymz wrote:
So, by giving back they mean taking early? :)

As an aside .... The North American 2014 IM's seem to be either open (6) or currently Foundation (2) with another 4 yet to open as they have not run this year. Wisconsin, Florida, Tahoe and Arizona, at least a couple of which I know go stupid quick (Florida and Tahoe, a minute) but Wisconsin and Tahoe were open nearly all day or longer.

So unless you are away from a computer for some considerable time on registration day the only benefit to early registration is really Florida and Arizona .... unless I am missing something. Which I am touting as a good thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Active.com crashing, network reliability, or the event potentially closing out in 5min.
Just experienced all of the above :(
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
As an aside .... The North American 2014 IM's seem to be either open (6) or currently Foundation (2) with another 4 yet to open as they have not run this year. Wisconsin, Florida, Tahoe and Arizona, at least a couple of which I know go stupid quick (Florida and Tahoe, a minute) but Wisconsin and Tahoe were open nearly all day or longer.

So unless you are away from a computer for some considerable time on registration day the only benefit to early registration is really Florida and Arizona .... unless I am missing something. Which I am touting as a good thing.

Ok, add Chattanooga to that benefit list. 3 minutes to sell out.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our club was involved in the program, and our board is already discussing what to do to limit or handle people wanting to join just for the early entry in case it is offered again. We are an open club, not a 'team' and welcome all, but just trying to figure out how to handle the situation of people coming to us, instead of us trying to convince them to join. Kind of a reversal from the normal.

Tim Anderson
"It's the nature of the internets that you get some dweeb who knows nothing about (insert topic here) pontificates about (topic), believing that his/her opinion is worth the same as opinions from those who actually knows what's going on." --Echappist
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [LizKollar-WTC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what happened this morning Liz? I know of at least 6 people who were "in" entering their info and then got bumped off. Only to end up at the back of the line and did not get in. This includes myself and my father who is 65 and wanted to complete his second IM. This is very disappointing, to be bumped by technology issue. Not sure why the club teams would be offered early entry on a brand new race. Trust me, I understand the good gesture on your part, but why not extend that gesture by way of a race entry fee discount to a race like Louisville that never sells out. I lived in Chatt for a few years, looked forward to going back along with my father. It's a tough pill to swallow when you are entering your credit card info and get kicked out. I think I have valid points that extend beyond being considered "whining" - wouldnt you agree?

-Chris Clark (not hiding behind anonymity here)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [skinnybike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it a technology issue or a you didn't get your form filled out fast enough issue? I think once your in they should secure your spot like they have in the past. Doesn't seem like that's how it was setup today though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quit whining and pony up for a charity slot.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm ready to pay for the friggen charity spot if active.com would let me! Are the Charity Foundation spots sold out too??
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I was filling out the form pretty quickly IMO. I'd say - since numerous people got in AFTER I was kicked off, and the ACTIVE site posted an error page AFTER I was kicked off, that it was a technology issue. Not like I got in then stepped out for an iced-tea. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No thanks Dad. I'm plenty charitable to many different organizations throughout the year. I'll pass on this occasion. And.....those are sold out too. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if there is any truth to this but I heard that Active screwed up and only sold 700 spots. I've talked to several locally who also experienced some sort of snafu with the system and got kicked out after getting their form como leted butnot actually registered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering how fast the system closed initially, with many, many people still filling out their info, this would make at least some sense. Some people are actually saying how much they like IMKY. August and KY don't seem to mix too well, but maybe its worth investigating. Closer to STL than even Chattanooga. Though, I used to live in Chatt and it was a fantastic city 10 years ago - and from what I hear even better now. So congrats and GOOD LUCK to everyone who made it in!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The WTC IMTN FB page states that the active server experienced issues and that they're working with active to identify affected athletes and offer them entry.

https://www.facebook.com/...osts/160602927471063
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Scanner1 [ In reply to ]

Prev Next