Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [chrisfreemanca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok that was what I was looking for, however the poster said they were already signed up and he already was offered. So it appears that there were offers extended well over a week in advance. When did they start this policy? Past year or two?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he said he was offered. I received this offer yesterday as well via our club director.

Have no other details and am pretty sure it's the first time. WTC started the club points program relatively recently so am guessing they simply sent this out to all of the clubs in the database that had already signed up for the club program. I do remember some language when the club program was announced about special promotions & opportunities and this would fit into that description.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It probably less than a year old. Just google ironman tri club program. It doesn't have all the details but it gives basic info. I think preregistration perks are on a race by race basis. I don't have any reason to believe the entry is that way for all races.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks
Quote Reply
Post deleted by japarker24 [ In reply to ]
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Direct quite from the email I received:
"... please DON’T post your registration confirmation on Facebook or other social media platforms until AFTER General Entry opens on September 4."

There was no way for others to register because the tri clubs had to provide WTC with a list of active members who wanted entry. That said, I doubt anyone wanting to enter on September 4 will be denied. IMCHOO has the potential to accommodate as many athletes as IMLOU.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank You
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, we'll that's not happening as I'm seeing those Active registration shares on FB this morning from late last night. :-)

Almost 50 people from our club in. It would be interesting to know how many got in this way.
Last edited by: chrisfreemanca: Sep 2, 13 5:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious if there is a set limit of registrants for this race or is this determined as time goes on. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [kdlsch111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a set number based on several factors. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know we int he LA Tri Club got an email about 2 weeks ago saying we could apply for early entrance. I'm still on the fence to make this my first full.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of discussion about IRONMAN Chattanooga and the early entry we offered "local" TriClubs and TriClubs ranked in the Top 5 in their Division in our IRONMAN TriClub competition. The IRONMAN TriClub program is new this year and was developed as a way of giving back to the clubs/teams who support the athletes that race with us. Offering early entry for this inaugural race was a way for us to support the local club community, and is just one of the many benefits offered to the clubs that join our FREE program. Happy to answer additional questions offline or if you would like information on how to join our program (or find a club near you that is part of our program) please email me at triclub@ironman.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [LizKollar-WTC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just in case anyone was wondering if WTC monitors ST. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [CEOIronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the field size for Chattanooga or is this a state secret ?

Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:
You haven't heard much about it because Wtc asked clubs/groups/people to keep it to themselves and not put it on forums or social media.

That being said, I know nothing about it either.

I was wondering how long the "secret" was going to last about the tri clubs getting early access to registration. I had been monitoring ST about this waiting for some kind of senseless uproar and I'm glad it didn't happen. I thought it was a pretty cool idea when I received the email a couple of weeks ago. IM Chatt not in the cards for me next year though as I'm doing IMCDA and IMMT. My wife decided three IM's in 13 weeks was not a good idea for me. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey hey hey - I like the response. Glad to see you come right out and address it. Good work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liz, I think this is a great idea. As you mentioned, it's a great way to support clubs. Additionally, this incentive could spur athletes to join their local club when they might not have otherwise. Which in turn has the potential to grow the club and the sport. Which means more people signing up for Ironman. See, I knew it was all about the money ; )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I foresee tri clubs becoming a lot more popular.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand this will be a downstream P2P race, but does anyone have an idea whether it'll be wetsuit legal? Umm, just asking for a friend, ya know ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LizKollar-WTC wrote:
The IRONMAN TriClub program is new this year and was developed as a way of giving back to the clubs/teams who support the athletes that race with us.

Just out of curiosity, what do you give back?

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about preferred entry into races? If you don't think that is a perk then you haven't ever tried to sign up for about 50% of the North American races...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, by giving back they mean taking early? :)

As an aside .... The North American 2014 IM's seem to be either open (6) or currently Foundation (2) with another 4 yet to open as they have not run this year. Wisconsin, Florida, Tahoe and Arizona, at least a couple of which I know go stupid quick (Florida and Tahoe, a minute) but Wisconsin and Tahoe were open nearly all day or longer.

So unless you are away from a computer for some considerable time on registration day the only benefit to early registration is really Florida and Arizona .... unless I am missing something. Which I am touting as a good thing.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: Jaymz: Sep 4, 13 6:33
Quote Reply

Prev Next