Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, I had no idea the course was going to incorporate a couple of the bridges. This will be a scenic run, though not as flat as I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Brian - what a solid gesture to share the prospective routes here. Looking forward to Sept 4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's short :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
It's short :)

And has too many turns
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously? 597ft of "climbing" over 26 miles and you thought it was gonna be FLATTER?

trifan wrote:
Cool, I had no idea the course was going to incorporate a couple of the bridges. This will be a scenic run, though not as flat as I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I his defense, the Chattanooga Waterfront has about 50ft of climbing (excluding those damn stairs). And with all of the speculation of just running along the riverwalk I can see where you would think it would be less than actual.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Sir.Vaylo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On race morning for waterfront tri or for the upcoming IM race do the buses start running early enough to utilize on race morning? I may be staying 2 miles from the transition and don't want to make it a 142.6 mile day or deal with parking race morning... On the website I think they say it starts operation at 10 on normal days ..
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [caffeinatedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure they will have transportation arranged plenty early enough to handle us. But it might be a good idea to not stress over thing slike this when we are still over 12 months out and you don't even know for sure if you'll get registered :)

caffeinatedtri wrote:
On race morning for waterfront tri or for the upcoming IM race do the buses start running early enough to utilize on race morning? I may be staying 2 miles from the transition and don't want to make it a 142.6 mile day or deal with parking race morning... On the website I think they say it starts operation at 10 on normal days ..
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the Waterfront tri they have buses just for the athletes so i'm sure it will be the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously? 597ft of "climbing" over 26 miles and you thought it was gonna be FLATTER?

I didn't know the bridges were included and yes, they do add a bit of elevation. I don't mind it, just didn't expect it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
caffeinatedtri wrote:
In Reply To:

I'm not sure about transportation around the city, but during the Waterfront Tri the buses are in a constant flow of picking up athletes at transition and moving them to the swim start. I assume this will be the same (but at a bigger level) at IMCHAT as opposed to the Waterfront Tri. I would not count on city buses making rounds on the Sunday morning of the race around the city, but I can't say for sure. The good news is that you have 13 months to work out the logistics of it. I will be staying at the Chattanoogan which is a mile away from transition and I'll just plan on taking a nice easy walk to the site on the morning of the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or it could be like IMNYC that was a cluster for transportation race morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [jbholcom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbholcom wrote:
Trifecta wrote:
caffeinatedtri wrote:
HI, Never been to Chattanooga before but I was wondering about that Hamilton place and a couple hotels there.. how difficult will the drive be from there and most importantly parking? Is staying there a decent idea or would be highly advisable to stay downtown?

Thanks

Hamilton Place area is fairly nice and about a 15 minute drive from downtown. There are a number of chain hotels - a new Hilton and I believe an Embassy Suites are being built now - as well as a number of popular chain restaurants and big box stores. You have two choices for driving into downtown - I-75/I-24 and Hwy 53/Amicola Hwy, both of which take about the same amount of time. Parking downtown can be tricky if you are not familiar with the area. Street parking is largely metered and there are a number of monitored private lots and decks.

To me, the choice would probably come down to what you are looking for in terms of spending your downtime around the race. If you want to see Chattanooga, stay downtown. There are a number of good local restaurants, bars, museums, movie theater, and great places to generally walk around and enjoy the scenery. Hamilton Place offers conveniences, but is really no different than similar development sites in most large towns around the country centered around a shopping mall. If you are traveling with kids, I would definitely recommend downtown if for nothing else to avoid having to worry about parking. Most of the hotels are very close to transition and should be near the run course.

Personally I would stay downtown. It will feel like you are in the "Olympic Village". Downtown was a crap hole when I moved here nearly 20 years ago. Now I absolutely love it.

Does anyone know what the host hotel will be?

EDIT: I just heard from WTC regarding the host hotel and it has not been determined yet.
Last edited by: ninesixfour: Aug 23, 13 10:54
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Logistics in Chattanooga are quite a bit easier than NYC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everything worked out great for me at IMNYC.

SpicedRum wrote:
Or it could be like IMNYC that was a cluster for transportation race morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thoughts on how quick Chattanooga may sell out with registration coming up on 9/4.

HoneyMaxx Ambassador
HoneyMaxx.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Ken Smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope slow enough that my POS work computer can get me in. I haven't been this stoked about doing an IM in years.

formerly but still a Run Snail...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Ken Smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering this too. But with a downstream swim its gotta be a TT start so the swim venue isn't limiting. Much like Louisville, I bet they allow 3000+entrants. I don't think it will sell out on day 1. It's so close to Kona that people who would maybe qualify earlier and then do Chattanooga won't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm highly considering this for my 2014 IM (along with maybe 5-7 other races).

would any of you consider grouping up and renting a house via VRBO? with 4-5 of us we can get a house for pretty cheap.

john
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpicedRum wrote:
I was wondering this too. But with a downstream swim its gotta be a TT start so the swim venue isn't limiting. Much like Louisville, I bet they allow 3000+entrants. I don't think it will sell out on day 1. It's so close to Kona that people who would maybe qualify earlier and then do Chattanooga won't.

I think the main reason it won't sell out so quickly is because all 3000+ slots will go online. No volunteer or racer sign-ups. However, as you would imagine, down south here everyone and their brother, sister, and momma too have said they are going to sign up.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by japarker24 [ In reply to ]
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you explain more on that? Talking general entry at 625 correct? ..That surprises me. At the $1000+ entry i understand but have not heard of them opening general entry to select few at this or other races before
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You haven't heard much about it because Wtc asked clubs/groups/people to keep it to themselves and not put it on forums or social media.

That being said, I know nothing about it either.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clubs that are part of the WTC club program have been extended a 1 day early entry opportunity.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Chattanooga- It is Official [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok.....i have never heard of WTC doing that before with clubs ect.....Like does a tri club with a certain size get an info? What are the dterminers for the qualifications for these "Special" people groups. I am curious why the poster who said he was invited.....or should say "why" was he special? ...........just never heard of this before. If nothing else it would of come up on this site the past 10+ years in its curent existance or former, or gordo's old site ect.....
Quote Reply

Prev Next