Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Canada: Something old, something new, something different.
Quote | Reply
If you are one of those folks who is interested in what is going on with the "new" Ironman Canada course in Penticton, you might wanna listen to our interview with the IMC race director, Susie Ernsting.

Although she is new as race director, Susie & her husband, Mark have been running events around the province of BC for the better part of a decade, including BC Cycling's Superweek. I did ask her the burning questions, namely about Steve King and the run course... well, I asked =)

Check out the interview now at http://www.fitspeek.com

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada: Something old, something new, something different. [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oooh, exciting. Will it be on your apple podcast soon? I try and save stuff like this for the dreadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada: Something old, something new, something different. [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be up there by Saturday. But its avail. on the website now.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada: Something old, something new, something different. [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best wishes to Susie Ernsting and her team.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it is pretty clear the old run course won't work anymore. 7 years later and quite a bit of development down east side road in the hillsides means more access requirements. Suspect 2 to 3 loop run course in town itself which I 100% sponsor. I'd even prefer 4 loops!! Rumour mill is trying to incorporate part of the KVR path which would be amazing. People will complain about the run UP to the KVR though; steep! Actually, people will complain period. No matter what. But I digress.

Transition is confirmed to be Okanagan park vs. Rotary park on her FB post a week or so ago. So where the expo used to be staged in the old IMC days and where transition was for ITU World's. Rotary park is too small to hold that many athletes now with the parking lot of hotel where quite a few bikes used to staged now a wonderful first of its kind wood/beam construction Lakeside hotel addition. Unsure if this means the swim takes on the feature of the ITU World's course which went around the pier and hotel to the beach in Okanagan Park. I would suspect so.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Canada: Something old, something new, something different. [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved the Challenge run along the canal, but I understand that is reserve land. Also, impossible for spectators.
Going up to the West Bench and along the KVR would be pretty cool. I've never had a chance to explore that yet.
I was hoping the bike course would go past Twin Lakes golf course and descend past the radio observatory.

Looks like I might return for 2022.
Quote Reply