Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Brasil
Quote | Reply
Oscar Galindez won the IRONMAN BRASIL....

This guy is really strong on the bike but today he destroied the field on the run....

53 min swim

4h 31 bike

2h 51 run

8h16.... total...

You guys will hear from him a lot...... Bustos finished in 4th....

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brasil [Leng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually he won the race in the swim....
Olaf Sabatschus

59' swim
4h33' bike
2h49' run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luiz,

Good to hear about this. Fernanda Keller has always been my #1 favorite. Glad to see more Brazilians coming thru.

You may also find it interesting to note that Brazil beer is recently being marketed here in Canada. The beer commercials show women in thongs, men in speedos, couples making out on Rio beaches and all the other things that come normal in Brazil but North Americans have a hang up about. Must be something up here about long cold winters or an uptight puritan heritage, but the imported Brazilian beer sales seem to be taking off.

I realize that it's not all about fun on the beach but maybe I should learn Brazilian version of the Portugual language and move south. Wouldn't make me a better tri-geek but I would definately enjoy the climate more.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brasil [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Good to hear about this. Fernanda Keller has always been my #1 favorite. Glad to see more Brazilians coming thru."

fernanda, and the other brazilians, are very good athletes. so are the argentines, and i suspect they're happy their guy came through :-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brasil [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois,

You are right about that... But the people that knows him....knows that he smokes on the bike... There was a time that Chris McCormarck tried to follow him in Oly distance race and he completely faded on the run because of the effort of following his pace....

There is not a single guy in Brasil that is capable to beat him on the bike... And the history of all the races that he competed in Brasil shows that he never made a good swimming... He doesn´t have a good technique !!! He has a lot of power instead...

During my long ride today we just dicussed about the race and everybody agrees that this is the first Ironman that he really made a good cycling because he was confident on the run... He was leading the race since the beginning and he was just control distance on run... and very confident !!! We think that he could run better but he didn´t need to ... He was running like in a Oly race...

Just my thoughts but I think he will be top 5 this year in Kona.... Let´s see !

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brasil [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Cerveloguy !!

Actually Oscar is an Argentinean ... I wish he was Brasilian... but he is almost Brasilian... In this race he wrote on the Country field Application : BRAZIL. ]
Funny because Brazilians and Argentineans doesn´t have a good relationship on the sports....

Which beer are you talking about it ? I think that could be BRAHMA....

About the climate in Brasil... this year we are suffering....The winter is being really hard... I started my long ride today at 7 degrees celsius...

But in the summer it´s really good to do this long rides..!!!!

If you decide to visit us.... you are more than welcome in my house...

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Luiz,
Where are you from? Here in Porto Alegre I've been on the rollers for weeks because of the cold.. Me admiro de como "eles" fazem todo aquele treinamento de base no inverno.. loucos, só pode =)
Now about this Galindez thing.. didn't he adquire the brazilian citizenship after moving here some time ago?
Grande abraço

Ricardo Wickert | Team Magnesium Pur - Germany | My sporadically updated blog: The Thin Grad Line | My team-issued TT bike: Trek Speed Concept 9

2015 Sponsors & Partners: Magnesium Pur | Ullmax | B&W Bike Cases | Ristorante La Dolce Vita | Trek Bikes via Bici-Sport Binder
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Brasil [wickert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Wickert....,

I'm from Sao Paulo... actually from Santos but I train in SAMPA....
I bet you are really frizzing down there !!!!
For What distance do you train ???

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's been downright freezing here. Batendo queixo =)
( I like to mix languages as to keep everyone around confused )
I am not a triathlete, though. I am a pure cyclist and I specialize in time trials, therefore I joined Slowtwitch for all the aerodynamics and equipment discussions. My girlfriend though does triathlon, runs, swims, etc.

Were you in Floripa, either racing or observing? I really want to learn to swim (properly) and try a shot there sometime. I used to run before I picked up cycling, and I can probably hold my own, provided I manage to swim out of the water... =)
Ric

Ricardo Wickert | Team Magnesium Pur - Germany | My sporadically updated blog: The Thin Grad Line | My team-issued TT bike: Trek Speed Concept 9

2015 Sponsors & Partners: Magnesium Pur | Ullmax | B&W Bike Cases | Ristorante La Dolce Vita | Trek Bikes via Bici-Sport Binder
Quote Reply