Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here!
Quote | Reply
So Ironman posted a tease on Facebook today: "Big announcement coming soon ... "

Is there a new race in the works or have they acquired another company? Does anybody in the industry have an idea or wish to venture a guess. It's Friday...let's have some fun with this.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New "raise your T" sponsors.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
So Ironman posted a tease on Facebook today: "Big announcement coming soon ... "

Is there a new race in the works or have they acquired another company? Does anybody in the industry have an idea or wish to venture a guess. It's Friday...let's have some fun with this.

Iowa 70.3 :-)

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Last edited by: stringcheese: Mar 15, 19 11:30
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's on the to do list right after Iceland 70.3 and Ironman Alaska.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
New "raise your T" sponsors.
Too late, been done already. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh let's just start some rumors then since they decided to tease us like this...

Kona qualification is going to an AWA points system

New race in Absurdistan, and it gets 100 KQ slots to entice participation

Wanda dumps it, goes IPO

2021 70.3 WC is going to be held in Antarctica

140.6 WC is moving from Kona to Ironman Maryland to make it "easier" due to the preference for flatter courses
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Russia

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Upgraded partnership with Ventum requires every IM racer to ride a Ventum.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going with better video/race coverage of more events and it will be coupled with a subscription channel of sorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
Oh let's just start some rumors then since they decided to tease us like this...

Wanda dumps it, goes IPO

140.6 WC is moving from Kona to Ironman Maryland to make it "easier" due to the preference for flatter courses

It's probably the first one (though I would love the last one).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 Zwift

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 champs back in Clearwater.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
I'm going with better video/race coverage of more events and it will be coupled with a subscription channel of sorts.

I would quite literally be happy to pay a reasonable fee for something like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
ilikepizza wrote:

I would quite literally be happy to pay a reasonable fee for something like this.

Agreed, and this is probably the best (serious) guess yet.

But I'm not here for serious, bring on the pink!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following the success of its 5150 series, Ironman will be announcing a new Sprint Tri series. "Ironman S"

There will also now be Ironman 5ks all over the country. Run 3.1 miles, call yourself an Ironman and get a tattoo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo bought Ironman. The purchase announcement is scheduled for late next week to coincide with the release of the P3X (or P3D or tilt kit for the P5D). In the end, the actual release date will be 140.6 days late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
Wanda dumps it, goes IPO

If I were a betting man, this probably has the best chance. My second choice would be a new IM somewhere. How about:

IM to try again at Lake Tahoe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All KQers must have a compelling narrative of overcoming adversity. Start working on your resumes so you can be featured over people who just view it as an athletic competition.

Crawling to the finish line counts if you can replicate this in Kona too.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
g_lev wrote:
Wanda dumps it, goes IPO

If I were a betting man, this probably has the best chance. My second choice would be a new IM somewhere. How about:

IM to try again at Lake Tahoe?

I raced that in 2013 for my first IM. Granted it was my first IM and I had no idea what to expect, but my result was not anything like what I had hoped to do. I was sad when it was dropped as I wanted so much to go back and do a better job of that race. Alas, I doubt you will ever see another "hard" Ironman course like that. Even the 2015 version was neutered compared to the monster 2013 bike course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The hard courses are out there, just not in the United States.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The official "Ironman Distance" will be reduced to 1/50th scale; Ashley Horner will affirm intention to complete 50/50 in Summer 2019.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:

Wanda dumps it, goes IPO

I bet that'd sell out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They go IPO
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev beat you to that prediction.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Big Announcement ... Take Your Guess Here! [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Cervelo bought Ironman
You're close, but since Trek is also doing the FB vague "fantastic thing coming soon" tease as well, I'm going with Trek bought Wanda, and the new Trek triathlon bike will be named Wanda and only come in Chairman Mao Red.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply

Prev Next