Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman 70.3 Texas Slots to Nice?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know with the race being suspended due weather if all the slots for Nice were allocated?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Texas Slots to Nice? [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone I'm friends with posted an email of them offering her a slot so I would assume they have all been allocated. She definitely had an official time though so I haven't heard anything about slots for age groups that didn't have any finishers.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an email exchange today with Ironman, as I won my AG and they called me the day after asking me if I wanted my slot. I said yes, and I was told that a email from Active would come in week or two. Upon checking back today, they told me they were still trying to get all the slots finalized before sending out the emails. Seems there are some that are still rolling down...

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was running in 4th place for my AG (55-59) when the weather hit. I received an email last week asking if I wanted to go to Nice? I declined, so someone behind me received a roll-down email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a good handle of what's going on with the slots. The 40 standard slots have already been given out. They had to call everyone individually (or send email if no one could take the call). There are also 25 extra slots for women from the Women For Tri organization. They are currently calling us for those slots. I got my call today (yay I'm going to Nice!!). For my AG there were four slots (F45-49). So if you are waiting for a WFT slot, you might get a call this week.

One thing to note is that you won't get the Active email to pay for registration right away. It could be a week or two before you see the email.

Shout out and huge thank you to Women for Tri. I was 5th in my AG. 3rd, 4th and 5th place were only separated by 15 seconds. Very close. My goal was a slot to Worlds. And I'm so grateful for the extra slots.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Texas Slots to Nice? [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So they were offering slots to people who did not even finish the race?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Texas Slots to Nice? [stevesimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevesimpson wrote:
So they were offering slots to people who did not even finish the race?

I believe so.

I did finish my race

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply