Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where to find the slot allocation for StG 70.3?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested in the F25-29
Last edited by: TulkasTri: May 1, 21 17:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there are total of 308 slots at this race: 8 pro spots, 250 general slots, and 50 women in tri spots. If you know the number of total participants in the age group and the total number of people racing it's pretty easy to get a pretty good idea of slots.

For most races (with 30-40 total slots), the younger female age groups only get one slot. For this race it could be something around 5-7 slots for those age groups.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation [gmatom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found that on a Facebook group just now, I think it’s accurate^
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When was the last time the #1 age group was M35-39? Demographics are looking up for IM.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
When was the last time the #1 age group was M35-39? Demographics are looking up for IM.

Wow, that is surprising. M30-34 had a large group too. Seems like great news.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gmatom wrote:
Found that on a Facebook group just now, I think it’s accurate^

Yea that is accurate —and since I took this picture myself—thank you new iPhone! at the slot sign up table, this is what the lady with Ironman finally let me photograph —after she asked her boss (initially denying me a pic until I asked her logic behind said decision). I posted on FB to help answer the questions so many were asking.
Last edited by: Rocky M: May 3, 21 23:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my email, for Worlds registration. So they are going out now. I got an automatic bid spot(25 for my group I think).
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Waingro wrote:

Wow, that is surprising. M30-34 had a large group too. Seems like great news.

Thanks, Nick Bare!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody got a roll down slot yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Auto slot came for me today even though I had edited my registration to say I didn’t intend to qualify. Email says I have until 2:45 pm Eastern on Thursday, so probably looking at Thursday afternoon at the earliest for roll down notification to start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got an auto slot, but I thought the women for tri would be put into the auto slot. I have not heard anything about the women for tri spots.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation [cp10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cp10 wrote:
Auto slot came for me today even though I had edited my registration to say I didn’t intend to qualify. Email says I have until 2:45 pm Eastern on Thursday, so probably looking at Thursday afternoon at the earliest for roll down notification to start.

What AG are you in?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lonniecdams [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: lonniecdams: May 5, 21 9:58
Re: Ironman 70.3 St George Slot Allocation [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
I am not sure how allocation works for the Women for Tri, but this is what I came up with if the 50 are allocated based on the female participation. I have no idea how accurate this is, but based on the numbers that are given and if they follow slot allocation based on Age Group, I believe this is the number of WFT slots.

You are pretty close to the actual allocation. This is what someone from the race sent me.

https://imgur.com/a/OhY0dhY

Last edited by: TulkasTri: May 5, 21 10:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That makes sense. So if you were in age group 30-34 there were 9 spots and then add 6 more so it would go to 15th, correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
That makes sense. So if you were in age group 30-34 there were 9 spots and then add 6 more so it would go to 15th, correct?

That is correct. There were a lot of slots in this race. My friend unfortunately ended up a bit outside the auto qualification, so we are hoping for a rolldown. Don’t know how likely that will be with it being via email and having 48 hours to decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for clarifying. My wife should get a spot with the WFT extra spots, but she hasn't gotten any notification. I qualified and got my email, so that is why I was wondering if I did the math correct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you get a spot, I forgot to ask?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
Did you get a spot, I forgot to ask?!

No, I DNSed the race, been dealing with depression and it made it very hard to train.

I’m only helping a friend that is hoping to get a roll down in the F25-29.

We’re a bit worried that they haven’t assigned the WFT slots, this probably means this is going to take a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that, I deal with that as well and the struggle is real for sure. I was chatting with some people that did Galveston and they said it was 2 weeks after the race that things got wrapped up. This is my first time I have done a Mdot 70.3 and ended up getting a spot. I was on the fence about taking it, and the time to think and process was nice on my end. I understand the frustration though if you are waiting for a role down spot makes the unknown even longer. Good thing we aren't trying to make a living doing this, lol. My wife was 15th in her age group and if the numbers posted on the forum are correct she should get a WFT slot, but I am thinking they aren't allotting those until regular role down is completed. That is my thinking anyways.

Cheers and hope you can get back to the grind of training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
Sorry to hear that, I deal with that as well and the struggle is real for sure. I was chatting with some people that did Galveston and they said it was 2 weeks after the race that things got wrapped up. This is my first time I have done a Mdot 70.3 and ended up getting a spot. I was on the fence about taking it, and the time to think and process was nice on my end. I understand the frustration though if you are waiting for a role down spot makes the unknown even longer. Good thing we aren't trying to make a living doing this, lol. My wife was 15th in her age group and if the numbers posted on the forum are correct she should get a WFT slot, but I am thinking they aren't allotting those until regular role down is completed. That is my thinking anyways.

Cheers and hope you can get back to the grind of training!

Thanks man, this is my first week back. I signed up for Cozumel 70.3 in September where I will chase a Worlds slot in NZ, and Cozumel full in November. Hopefully I can remain motivated and train.

Keep me posted on that WFT slot, please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First phase of roll downs should be happening now. Can anyone confirm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heard the same, first 48 hour window just closed. Still no word or clarification on WFT spots.
Quote Reply

Prev Next