Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion
Quote | Reply
There's a crap ton of 70.3 WC posts, so I figured it would be better if we start yet ANOTHER one, but to discuss the actual race. We are at T- 1 hour and 40 minutes til race start.

Stream: https://www.facebook.com/...os/3226399287414417/
Tracker: https://bit.ly/2lJ90xV
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Sep 6, 19 20:15
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the Facebook site, they want a credit card to watch- no charge.
Not for me.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
Not for me.

Credit card? I don't think so. I'm there waiting for the stream. No credit card needed. It's the second year I've watched races on Ironman Now, never have I needed a credit card. I think you may be on a different stream site.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stream is live now. 5 minutes away from the start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a stream which wanted credit card. Claimed to be free, and this was ‘validation’. Hell no! Went back and found the normal FB site which does not need a credit card.

Looks a lovely day; Lucy off the front. Not a surprise.....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRO Saracen wrote:
There was a stream which wanted credit card. Claimed to be free, and this was ‘validation’. Hell no! Went back and found the normal FB site which does not need a credit card.

Looks a lovely day; Lucy off the front. Not a surprise.....

Holly tried to hang on but got dropped early. Big pack of ladies with Daniela in it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
Not for me.

I am not sure what sites you are on. But it is not Facebook.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first 5km or so of the bike course will be absolute chaos for the age groupers

instagram.com/42pointtwo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lucy is going to be caught pretty soon. her kit bottom isn't doing all of its jobs.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniela should have just been pinged for drafting. She rode right up on someone then backed off
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I thought that too. That bit with 2 concrete barriers on the road and a tiny chicane between them where you need to be single file. Hmmm....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42point2 wrote:
The first 5km or so of the bike course will be absolute chaos for the age groupers

What are you talking about!?

Narrow passage with CEMENT barriers on each side. Single lane traffic with sharp turns and one 180 degree turn.

What could possibly go wrong when the MOP arrives...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fun fact: Lisa Norden has Arild Tveiten as coach.
Arild is also the national coach of Norway, so he is coaching Stornes, Iden and Blummenfelt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did Lucy go wrong in T1? They seemed to gain a lot of time there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's some great fair play by Holly Lawrence, blocking a competitor who's coming from behind that's not even on the same lap.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cxrider wrote:
That's some great fair play by Holly Lawrence, blocking a competitor who's coming from behind that's not even on the same lap.

Or, you know, maybe she moved right to let her pass on the left. But no, let's assume the worst.
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Sep 7, 19 2:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holly must have already passed Ellie as I thought I heard commentary mention ryf passing Ellie.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ellie was on lap one. She had a mechanical.
The lead bikes for the runners where not always present with the runner.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love how Holly rocks the one piece. Would it kill the other athletes to sexy up the race at all? More teenage boys might show interest in this dying sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it was on Facebook. As the start approached, I did find the regular free version and enjoyed it. Because you did not get what I did, does not mean I was wrong. I know this is internet, but get over yourself.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You meant to put this comment in pink, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So who was the STer in the blue shorts, compression socks, and HR monitor trying to run with Holly early on in the run? 5 minutes of fame achieved! Even ML and Deedee commented on him lol

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a paid for, fake, Ironman Facebook page, that shows up on top. It tells you to enter your credit card just for verification, that takes to a page that says you get a 5 day free trial, then will be autobilled a monthly charge until you find their hidden contact info to cancel :-(
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Nice World Championship Women Race Discussion [SMO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Christine!
This is off topic, but....super sorry to see the race pulled. I have been fortunate to race 500 ish Triathlons, and consider you to be one of the very best race directors. If you ever choose to take on another race- please let me know- I will be there. (I might even come to Penticton, which I would normally not, if you were the RD).

Brian
Quote Reply