Top 3 Men
Craig Alexalder
Ritchie Cunningham
Daniel Bretscher

Top 3 Women
Joanna Ziegert
Rebeccah Wassner
Angela Naeth

Had a chance to talk with Joanna and Craig at the Friday swim practice, both very nive :) Well except when Craig was picking on my wetsuit...jk

RR to follow
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [WillinMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What were the weather conditions like today?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Balls... rain and wind
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [Bizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not much rain on the bike course....but as soon as i hit the run it was pouring...thank god it wasnt cold
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's true... it was just a constant mist on the bike... i was gadayam filthy by the end of it....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [Bizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea i really enjoyed a mouth full of grit with my water bottles...my bike is filthy :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job to all of you who raced today. For September in Muskoka it was really not too bad. I was sick all week so it was just great to see the finish line.

Richard Pady
http://www.healthyresults.ca - http://www.race4kids.ca
Indoor Rider (weekly indoor riding videos)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [HR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For September in Muskoka it was really not too bad.

Rich,

That's right. It could have been in the low single digits C or close to 0C so it was not that bad actually. Temp during most of the day was 20C with light mist to torrential rain. If you did not mind the rain, it was not that bad.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compared to Lake Placid this year it was a spectacular day.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...glad to see Craig in top form. Kona will be interesting!

Sounds like the race went well...other then the rain. This has to be one of the strangest weather seasons I can remember...every week it is new thing to deal with.

Mother Nature's telling everyone HTFU...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [sherpasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So anyone look at their bike after the race. My brakes are caked with black tar. Hopefully next year Dwrights Beach and South Portage will be a little more packed down. I think we all looked like Mountain Bikers coming off the bike with the black tar everywhere.

Richard Pady
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
to herbert:

cynthia wilson is not from québec, canada.

if she were, she would have to drive 14 hours a day to and from the university she attends - which is located in ottawa.

she's from gatineau, the land of 18-year old ontarians in search of alcohol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we all looked like Mountain Bikers coming off the bike with the black tar everywhere.

Rich,

I noted that the folks who wore compression socks on the bike, looked particularly silly! :)

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [sherpasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
..glad to see Craig in top form. Kona will be interesting!

I was mostly following the women's race, but Alexander looked particularly good. He ran an impressive 1:13, on a hard run course, after what many were calling the toughest half IM bike course that they had ever ridden( with an additional 4K!!) and one would have to imagine, that he may not have really tapered that much for this race with IMH a month away.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I noted that the folks who wore compression socks on the bike, looked particularly silly! :)
Compression socks look silly at the best of times.

Richard Pady
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it was a miserable day. My wife and I were there supporting our friends from Sudbury. I took a ton of pictures... mostls of the top pros and our friends. The gallery is here:
http://www.paulgraham.ca/gallery/album129

The pictures are small there and haven't been touched up at all, but the orginals are 12 megapixels and about 5 or 6 mb jpegs each. If anyone finds one they'd like to have a copy of let me know and I can hook you up.

Mike Hay (on his 41st birthday racing as a pro):

Craig Alexander heading out on the run:

Lisa Bently heading out on the run:

My friend Bob sticking his tongue out:

Mike Coughlin in the zone:

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [paulgraham.ca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul,

Those are AWESOME pictures in your online gallery. Too bad some are slightly out of focus as otherwise they'd be brilliant. Love the angles and the fisheye.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Now here's a question.... they were making a fuss about people not declaring if they were a Clydesdale for body marking purposes, and threatening DQs... presumably there's also a simlar issue with people who wear compression socks covering their age.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [tim_sleepless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Now here's a question.... they were making a fuss about people not declaring if they were a Clydesdale for body marking purposes, and threatening DQs... presumably there's also a simlar issue with people who wear compression socks covering their age.
i would be guilty of that i had warmers on in case the rain really came down on the bike
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [tim_sleepless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Body marking is overrated. We all wear chips, and thats how they track the athlete. At IMC they seemed to get this, they didn't care if you wore compression socks. They just wrote the athlete # on the arm (if you wore them), and you were good to go. I really don't care if I can't see an age on some guys leg, it doesn't change how I will race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Body marking is overrated. We all wear chips, and thats how they track the athlete. At IMC they seemed to get this, they didn't care if you wore compression socks. They just wrote the athlete # on the arm (if you wore them), and you were good to go. I really don't care if I can't see an age on some guys leg, it doesn't change how I will race.

I agree... they seem to manage without marking ages in running races too.... Also avoids the embarassing "shit I forgot to scrub the back of my calf" moments at the pool on a Monday....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HaHa Some of us were still on the bike when it started pissing down rain..
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Muskoka Pro Results [paulgraham.ca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you could email me a copy of picture # 416 that would be a great honeymoon souvenier ;-)

Thanks
Quote Reply