Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman 70.3 Memphis
Quote | Reply
Hey new here. Is anyone on here doing Ironman 70.3 Memphis this October? Their local business journal said its going to happen but I saw Chattanooga was rescheduled and then postponed. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Memphis [ahlerscurtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in for comments
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahlerscurtis wrote:
Hey new here. Is anyone on here doing Ironman 70.3 Memphis this October? Their local business journal said its going to happen but I saw Chattanooga was rescheduled and then postponed. Any thoughts?

So G-Man is going to get on here and tell you zero percent odds (surprised he hasnā€™t!). Some other people will disagree with him and give some reasons why it might happen. This thread will go off-topic, turn political, people will start calling each other names. Blah, blah, blah ... there are a thousand threads that are all the same, just the race being discussed is different ... my two cents: unless you have a crystal ball or the race has already been canceled then nobody knows, but the odds are *really* low and I would plan accordingly.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Memphis [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zero chance

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Memphis [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way this or any other races are going to happen. Hell they cancelled Kona. This was their way of saying 2020 is null and void. Why do people keep asking about races??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They cancelled Chattanooga and right now Shelby County is a hotter hot spot than Chattanooga area. see stats here. https://www.tn.gov/...cedep/ncov/data.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zero chance //

In a very slow and drawn out voice, zero.....point.....zero....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Memphis [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Zero chance //

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
....and.....here we go again!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Memphis [r-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r-b wrote:
No way this or any other races are going to happen. Hell they cancelled Kona. This was their way of saying 2020 is null and void. Why do people keep asking about races??

Kona was canceled because of the huge lead time....months.... IM needs to pull it off logistically. My guess is that they only need that magic 45 days lead time for a 70.3.

To the OP's question......my guess is zero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
monty wrote:
Zero chance //

that made my week...LMAO!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN undoubtedly has low motivation to stay in shape, which is why heā€™s determined to drain every ounce of motivation out of everyone else. Iā€™m signed up for Memphis and am sorta training for it. Probably wonā€™t happen but who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Memphis [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
GMAN undoubtedly has low motivation to stay in shape, which is why heā€™s determined to drain every ounce of motivation out of everyone else. Iā€™m signed up for Memphis and am sorta training for it. Probably wonā€™t happen but who knows.

Brilliant analysis. How is me being realistic about the situation draining anyone elseā€™s motivation to train? Iā€™m not your life coach.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:

So if racing doesn't happen, you become a couch potato?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Memphis [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

I donā€™t. Many do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live about 30 miles away from Memphis and am currently signed up. Based off what I have been told form the endurance community in Memphis is there is no chance it happens this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

Itā€™s my fault. Havenā€™t you been paying attention? šŸ¤Ŗ

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

I donā€™t. Many do.
^^
This a time for fun trail running and exploring new roads on a road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

You need to be more hopeful......the people want this...the local economy needs this........I heard a little league baseball game was allowed.....this is how our state rolls......... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

You need to be more hopeful......the people want this...the local economy needs this........I heard a little league baseball game was allowed.....this is how our state rolls......... ;)

Unfortunately just because a race could or should
Happen doesnā€™t mean it will. Politics and all. šŸ˜«
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Ironman 70.3 Memphis [null-and-void] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
null-and-void wrote:
Unfortunately just because a race could or should
Happen doesnā€™t mean it will. Politics and all. šŸ˜«

Or, perhaps races are being cancelled for the public good, as a way to lessen the impact of a once-in-a-lifetime (I hope) global event. I'd suggest that hosting a race is a political statement against the social contract that seeks the betterment of as many people as possible.[/quote]
ā€œFor the public goodā€ is a very scary statement. As determined by who? The government? Government knows best šŸ˜‚. Plenty of medical experts are screaming at the top of their lungs that our reaction to this is much more harmful than the disease itself. Which I agree with personally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
ā€œFor the public goodā€ is a very scary statement. As determined by who? The government? Government knows best šŸ˜‚. Plenty of medical experts are screaming at the top of their lungs that our reaction to this is much more harmful than the disease itself. Which I agree with personally.

šŸ™„šŸ™„

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

šŸ™„šŸ™„

ā€œPublic goodā€ is truly eye roll worthy šŸ™„
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H20fun level troll. Go huff on some propofol.
Quote Reply

Prev Next