Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman 2000 & P2K
Quote | Reply
I'd like to get some opinion on which are a better wheelset?

Ritchey Aero DS (Cervelo P2K)

Spinergy Xaero Lite (Cannondale Ironman 2000)

I am trying to make a decision on which bike to go with. I've been fitted on and tried both bikes. They are both great bikes, and the fit feels the same. Cost is going to be about the same, maybe $100 CDN less for the Ironman 2000.

I like internal cableing, but like the "stock" Azoto Tri Gel saddle. True aero frame vs. a possibly more stucturally sound frame. Both have syntace bars, and nearly identical component group.

Anyone know the frame weight comparison?

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 2000 & P2K [Krugsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both are good wheelsets. The Spinergy would be slightly lighter and the Ritchey slightly more aero. But there isn't much to choose between them.

The bigger difference is the frames. There really is no contest between the frames. The Cervelo frame is much better designed in terms of aerodynamics, ride quality and weight. Compare the tube shapes and you'll notice the C'dale tubes are twice the thickness and have a round leading edge compared to Cervelo's narrow airfoil shape. Then add the best rear wheel cutout in the biz and internal cable, etc.

As for weight, on our scale the Cervelo P2K frame is about 3/4 of a pound lighter than the Cannondale multisport frame.

You can always change the saddle, wheels, anything else down the road if you like, but your frame is forever!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 2000 & P2K [Dan Rishworth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To me...there is no question... Cervelo...Cannondale has no soul

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 2000 & P2K [Krugsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Cannondale and my girlfriend has the Cervelo (same size and both fit me great with some minor aerobar adjustments). I like them both a lot but prefer the Cannondale a bit more as it seems a little stiffer (to me at least and I like that). Just make sure you swap out the Profile Carbon Stryke bars for Syntace C-2's as they are alot more comfortable (once again at least to me).
Quote Reply